Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has probably already been discussed, but having trouble finding relevant posts. Does anyone have any good leads on videos to use on my TV during a halloween party? I've found Atmosfearfx, which seems ok but pricey. Also perhaps a bit less than subtle. I don't have a projector :(, so this year I need to just have something on my TV. Folks will be hanging out for quite some time around the TV, so I was hoping for something that maybe appeared now and then and was more creepy than overdone.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

·
Evil Wizard
2,168 Posts
Have you tried looking on YouTube? Someone must've made a creepy video of TV static, interspersed with brief cuts from horror scenes or such? Could download and burn to DVD.

Using the "videotape" footage from 'The Ring' on a loop might be an option?

In one of the zombie-related threads on here, I remember seeing discussion of using video interrupted by fake news broadcasts re: zombie outbreak, etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I made this one about 5 years ago.
You can use Keepvid.com to copy this video fro Youtube if you want.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not sure if it would be what you're looking for - but Atmosfearfx does have apps (I think they are around $5) that will loop some of the effects. I downloaded them from iTunes and used them last year. There isn't as much of a selection as the DVD's, but if I remember right, each app has 3 or so different scenes.

Here's the link to the app store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/atmosfx-llc/id556252039

I hooked up my ipod touch to a projector, but you could also use apple TV or a connector from your device (lightning or 30 pin to a USB or HDMI) to your TV and do it that way. I'm not sure about androids - but this effect worked pretty well for me last year and was way cheaper than buying the DVD's.

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,067 Posts
We are looking for something similar for the TV in our maze, we just want static. I have found TV static footage on various stock image sights, but they are expensive. I am going to get one off of YouTube and loop it on portable CD player.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts