Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thumbtacks don't seem to work. Are there any ways to attach (say a hanging bat) to the ceiling without doing much damage or having nails stuck everywhere? thanks

·
Registered
672 Posts
Thumbtacks don't seem to work. Are there any ways to attach (say a hanging bat) to the ceiling without doing much damage or having nails stuck everywhere? thanks
I use the clear 3M Command hooks. They blend in to the ceiling, stay put and are easily removed once you're done. You'd just have to see which hooks are for the weight you need. You can always use a small piece of clear tape to seal off the opening of the hook if needed.

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
Thumbtacks worked for me but, maybe the ceiling texture makes a difference. Maybe stringing some fishing line across your ceiling (in different sections so it's not one long strand) and then using small picture frame hooks where the wall meets the ceiling and use that to anchor the ends of you lines. Those invisible, plastic hooks where you stick them on the wall and can be pulled off later might work too. Hope you find something that works... I love making a bat cave in my hallway that people have to walk under to get to the bathroom ;)

F

·
0 Posts
Whenever I hang stuff, which isn't often, but when I do I use the little hooks you screw into the ceiling. I honestly don't know the name...it doesn't leave evidence that it was ever then when you take it out.

I used one to hang up my parachute Rudolph last Christmas.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,761 Posts
I use the clear 3M Command hooks. They blend in to the ceiling, stay put and are easily removed once you're done. You'd just have to see which hooks are for the weight you need. You can always use a small piece of clear tape to seal off the opening of the hook if needed.
I used a couple of those, and ran fishing line between them to make little 'rails'.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'm wondering if I'm the only one that has problems with the command hooks. Every time I try to remove one or worse yet it falls off the wall all the paint comes with it right down to the plaster. Don't know if the fact that I live in an older house with plaster walls is the issue or what. So I tend to buy the clear ones and use them mostly on window frames and such where I hang things for whatever Holiday it happens to be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts