Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Haunters,

My its getting close to the big day!! Hope you all are finding fun in unloading the boxes of orange stuff!!

Hey this morning I was checking out the Craigs List, I posted a listing in there to try & get some interest in finding people to join our North Carolina Haunters group we are trying to form when I came across this listing I knew you guys would get a bang out of!

I should have grabbed a link to get ya there but it is listed under North Carolina, Charlotte, Communities, Groups & the date is Oct. 6th...listing headline is :"Halloween Party".

For those of us that have discussed how digusted we get with people we invite to our parties & the hard time we have getting them to our houses here is an option.....perhaps not the safest option but an option none the less. Its worth checking it out...even has 2 pictures on it. These folks open their party at their home to the public! Pretty wild if ya ask me!!lol But they have it worded quite cute!!

the Muffster

heres a link not sure if it will work!:

Halloween Party

·
Registered
487 Posts
that's just calling out for something bad to happen if you ask me. I would be scared to open up my party to everyone and anyone... especially this day in age there's to many crazy people and not the kind that dress up!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,846 Posts
No, Nope, no way, never going to happen... OMG that would be a nightmare! :eek:

What is in it for the general public to keep them from stealing, trashing or otherwise ruining the party thower's home? Heaven knows we can't count on basic good manners or restraint from the general populace nowadays. :rolleyes::(

I use incentive prizes to get my people to show. And we restrict the guest list to a reasonable number counting no-shows and possible party crashers (friends of friends). I don't think I could handle the big parties (50+) that some of the other posters talk about.

25 people crammed in my house is quite enough, thanks! ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
It's a pretty cool thing they do and I could see how it would work for a really small community. Otherwise, you would have every Tom, Dick & Harry show up in a costume and want free food & drink. There are so many sickos out there you would have to wonder if some were there for entirely different reasons. I invite a lot of people to my parties, even if I don't know them that well but I feel as if I am a pretty good judge of character & feel like they are OK. Sometimes a friend vouches for someone that wants to come I don't know. I worry up to the last minute about people showing up but my real friends always do!!!

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,527 Posts
Wow! That's nuts! How would you even anticipate whether 20 or 500 people show up? That could be a nightmare dealing with the local authorities. :confused: If hundreds of people show up, you're looking at a serious problem with parking, complaints, etc... assuming they live in a suburban area surrounded by other houses.

My party has gotten a little too large for it's own good and it's only friends. I send out an evite each year which went out this past weekend. We invited 100 people, some of which we already know can't come, but I don't want to alter the list. We anticipate that roughly 30% will respond affirmative and will bring a guest with them (i.e.. spouse, friend, etc.). Of approximately 25 respondants so far, our guests are responding over 50% affirmative equaling 25 people. Last year we had roughly 70 people come to our party and this year is looking more like 100!

I'll tell you, my party has taken on a life of it's own and people are asking to be added to the guest list. Our 1st year we had about 25 people, second year about 45, last year 70, and the list hasn't grown that much. I've been told by people that they are looking at our pictures from past years and have gotten very excited about it. Our decorations have improved light years from our 1st year and I think the fun atmosphere is adding to the excitement. :cool: Problem is, food and drink costs are increasing too. :) I'm actually finding the increase in guests hard to believe since I take a very hard line on costumes are absolutely REQUIRED for entry. :cool:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I think I'd rather have no one show up then strangers. I would worry that someone was casing the joint..... It would be hard to get a read on someone by an email before hand, and you know how you can just get a vibe from some people? Well with costumes on it would be hard to get that vibe.
Just a risk I guess I could never take!

·
Registered
35 Posts
For One.. I can't believe they opened up their party to the general public like that. For the World to see on Craigslist.

TWO.. They offered sleeping accomodations on top of that... WOW....

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
That's crazy!! I usually don't have alot of people show up but I wouldn't put it on craig's list! I think I'm actually going to have a good turn out this year, I'm totally excited!
I think my turn out is going to be more than I bargained for.
Normally we send out more invitations than we expect because there are always people who can't come. This year I already have 17 confirmed. If everyone comes who we invited, we'll have a little over 30 people here! My goal was to have between 20-25. So I'm hoping for a few cancellations!

MsM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts