Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Spooky Express
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a life size animated Hannibal Lecter prop for a decent price, taking into consideration the flaws; a "non-working" restraint mask and a crack in the base. From the pictures provided the crack looked pretty minor (I asked if it moved at all and the seller said it did not), and I knew from videos that the restraint mask is bound to stop working at some point on this prop. When the prop arrived, however, the crack was a lot more major than I expected (It DOES move and it spreads to below his shoe), and the restraint mask is not only not working, but rather the pieces that make it move are cracked off and the mask has to be held up with a string.

I am going to try contacting Gemmy about this issue too, but I doubt that they will reply with the experiences I've had before. Therefore I decided to ask it here as well; Does anyone know how to fix a broken restraint mask on Gemmy's Hannibal Lecter, and does anyone know how to fix a big crack in a plastic base. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hi CCD,
They will not warranty ANYTHING over 2 years. (Based on my years at Gemmy) I would go back to the seller, ask for a refund and ship him back, or just tell him it is not as described and try to re-coop some money from the mistake. Also, I had a crack in my original jeeves/wade butler and it was not as major as your case but, I recommend making sure no wires get caught and the base is even and then use a type of super-glue or duct tape.
Hope this helps,
Nick

·
Spooky Express
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi CCD,
They will not warranty ANYTHING over 2 years. (Based on my years at Gemmy) I would go back to the seller, ask for a refund and ship him back, or just tell him it is not as described and try to re-coop some money from the mistake. Also, I had a crack in my original jeeves/wade butler and it was not as major as your case but, I recommend making sure no wires get caught and the base is even and then use a type of super-glue or duct tape.
Hope this helps,
Nick
Hi Nick,
Thanks for your advice, you can disregard the end of the e-mail I sent you just now about the pictures. I had not checked my Halloween Forum yet today so I didn't realize you replied here already. :eek: I will try to make the base even, and then use duct tape at first (Since super glue seems more permanent and I don't want to mess him up even more). Because I did not purchase the item on eBay, however, it may be more difficult to get a refund from the seller since there wasn't any buyer protection. If I can't get him fixed, I may just resell him on eBay or Craigslist and hope that I break even with what I paid. Thank you for trying to help, though! I appreciate it!

Reactions: Spinechiller

·
Registered
107 Posts
My mask on my Hannibal is not working either. I think it is the gears. But he is so rare I have to keep him. He still talks and his eyes move and all. Love him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts