Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!

I have searched everywhere I can think of for ideas, but, I return to the masters. I have a 4' chain link fence the I need to disguise for Halloween. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,067 Posts
If it was me, I'd drape it with shredded cheese cloth so it looks old and cobwebby.

You also could use light strings - even the ones that are meant for attaching to the roofline and look like a dripping/twinkle effect, but on the fence.

A few ideas (no idea how these look in real life or reliability, just for examples):

https://www.target.com/p/70ct-halloween-eyeball-icicle-string-light-set-hyde-and-eek-boutique-153/-/A-52346735#lnk=sametab
Eyeball icicle lights

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-Lighted-Garland-with-Orange-Lights-Halloween-Decoration/36624312
Nifty lighted draped garlands

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Purple-Web-Halloween-Lights-Set-Of-100-Halloween-Decoration/37408628
Spiderweb lights! This would be really cool to alternate with the following

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dangling-Spider-Halloween-Lights/22590416
Dangling spider lights

·
Registered
302 Posts
What is your theme? The key is to do it in a way that fits.

A pic of the yard may help.

You can cut foam board into 6-8" Strips to make slats and hang on the fence, you now have an old west style wood fence. you can safety pin black landscape fabric to it and it will practically disappear in the dark. etc etc

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Weave thin branches thru the wire to resemble a living fence. Randomly wire in between the branches anything you can come up with, large plastic bugs, bats, skulls, fake pumpkins, spider webs, "spider eggs". I'm thinking a Pumpkinrot inspired fence....very organic, void of a lot of color.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Or, don't do much with the fence. Just working on drawing the eye away from it.

You could put these type of decorations on a dowel, or straight stick and zip tie to the fence poles. With their arms spread out it will cover some of the fence. Showcase them with a spot light and the eye will be drawn to them rather than the fence?
reaper.jpg

1,288 Posts
Camo the fence with branches, corn stalks, potted grasses and plants.

Depending on the theme maybe some of the longer lengths of scene setters. In the past there have been night sky, cemetery, catacombs to name a few. ( easy way to apply to fence is with office clips, just office clip them to the fence)

Feeling creative long lengths of fabric painted with your own theme or if you have a projector then project a scene or background onto it.

Maybe incorporate the fence into your scene... manacle skelles to it, maybe some body parts, zombies behind trying to break "in"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! Great ideas. I will try to upload a picture of the yard tonight. The theme will be mainly NBC with some other Disney possibly thrown in.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Wow! Great ideas. I will try to upload a picture of the yard tonight. The theme will be mainly NBC with some other Disney possibly thrown in.
For NBC, I'd do some wacky shaped foam boards. Slightly wider at the top, about 6"-8" taller than the chainlink and crooked. Drape the fence in black cheesecloth/creepy cloth and then run some long crossboards so that they cover the top of the existing fence. The chainlink will give you a solid structure to wire the foam fence boards to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lots of great ideas! I think I've got my mind going in the right direction now. I'll post pics when done. Thanks!

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
581 Posts
why hide it? it's a natural zombie containment area...
I had the same thought - Zombie Containment Area.
Get some Keep Out and 'bio-hazard' signs, some of the keep out tape, a barrel or two with some glowing goo. Even go with an Electric Fence theme. plenty of fake power boxes, lighting and sound effects.

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
581 Posts
I build a fence to go around my props, mostly to keep people (kids) from going through area, too many lights and cords. And it protects my props. You have one existing. Focus on how to USE it, not hide it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts