Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we need your ideas how to decorate two dormers on top of our home for Halloween. Please see the attached photo. We can't put anything inside the windows because the rooms are occupied. The scene down below in our front yard is a spooky graveyard. Do you have any ideas how we can decorate the dormers (the windows and/or above the windows) that would be weather resistant & can withstand winds? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just some ideas that came up after only looking for a few seconds:

1. above the windows you could get some of those giant plastic door skulls, attach them to your house, and change out those lights in the overhang (if possible) to orange or purple, or red.

2. cobwebs, a spider, maybe some body parts hanging from the over hang.

3. a blucky or two posed in positions.

Good luck, roofs are always a little tricky.

·
Registered
272 Posts
To me, it looks like they are begging to look like eyes. put giant scowling eyebrows over the peaks and make oval forms to go around the windows. foam board is light weight so you could attach string or fishing to them by making small holes in the board, then just swing the line around the back of the dormers.

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
Love all the cam lights in the sophets... been adding some myself as I do work on my house. How about simple boarded up windows?

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
The dormers are just one aspect of your house. What do you want your house to look like overall?

Last year, I made my dormers look like they had been boarded up. There are several ways to accomplish the look. You can use real wood, secured to a frame that hangs over the existing window, or you can build fake boards out of styrofoam and secure to the window frame with double-sided tape or velcro.

Cobwebs and spiders is another great way to go. The cobwebs can be stretched and distort the shape of the dormers to make it feel more organic. A couple of big spiders ($15 each) can complete the look.

Some styrofoam (I'd suggest the 1 in) can be used to add gingerbreading to the dormers to give a more Victorian look. This is a great accent item to create a more "haunted house" look.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Last year I covered my dormers with Faux boards simular to TK421 and put a ghost behind one of the windows. I secured my boards with fishing line running down the front side of the boards attached to cup hooks on the top and bottoms sides. The fishing line worked great and the boards stayed up during the Oct. winds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts