Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I tried last year to get some good fog on my front yard for my graveyard but I didn't have any luck. I have three different fog machines two being the low laying fog machines. I used the ice trick and everything but it just didn't cover the ground very well. I was wondering if any one has any tips or trick maybe for spreading it over the yard more? I tried to use pvc but still nothing. I didn't have an idea of placing few bucket (maybe like 4 or 5)of water around the yard and dropping a chunk of dry ice into them a little before dark/ trick or treat. Any ideas will help!!! THANKS

·
Registered
290 Posts
Things to help with fogging your yard:
Fog Juice - cheap fog fluid will not do the job of a quality fog fluid
Fog machine - 3 smaller fog machines (400w-700w) can have a decent output but one good fog machine can have great output (1200w-1800w)
Fog Chiller - A low-lying fog machine is no substitute for a well built fog chiller
Mother Nature - temperature, wind, and humidity can conspire around Halloween to make fogging difficult even with the best products available
I hope this helps and please fell free to ask questions if you have them.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would have to agree that buying a larger, better quality fogger makes a huge difference. I have cheap machines, but my VEI V-960 fogs the whole neighborhood. That and fog chiller do wonders, weather permitting.

·
Registered
54 Posts
High Capactity machine (I use a VEI 935), Plastic bag on the output of the chiller and wetting the lawn down all seem to help.

I have a 12' Piece of Sewer pipe (PVC) 12" diameter that I use for the chiller, fill it 1/2 full with ice, 2" irrigation pipe on the end to where the fog needs to start. Black bag on the end and wet grass.

The elements are always your biggest enemy for ground fogging, wind and cold weather will make it difficult no matter how big the chiller.

HTH,
RandalB

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, Ill check into a new fogger.. RandalB that setup sound like something I was looking for, thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts