Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To come to my haunt....

OK...

This is the first year i am doing a haunt, no-one has ever done one or even done anything to do with halloween in my area....

Now, as people wont think anything is happening they wont bother doing much, maybe pop out down the road to ToT....

But we are having a walkthrough maze in the back garden....

Heres where i need your help, apart from flyers and posters how can we draw in ToT'ers....

The only thing in the front garden will be a devil on the roof with flames, a hell silhouette in the window...

Our haunt will be down the drive and through a gate into the haunt area...

Its only about 10 meteres off the path so there are no problems getting to it, but people might just walk past and take no notice...

Some ideas will be to draw chalk crime scene pictures on the floor and maybe have a line to follow...

There probably wont be someone outside greeting them in but then there could be, depending how many people come down...

But I just need dome way to get people to come in.....

Any ideas would be grateful

Ruggerz

PS Hope there's not too many gaps...or dots...:D

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Are you doing it Halloween night only? I'm thinking....what if you did a "sneak peek" night, earlier in the week....to give them a taste of it....and to work out your kinks.... AND then they can go spread word and maybe on Halloween night, you'll have a crowd!! Pass out flyers for the "Sneak Peek" event, then a have a new flyer to tell about Halloween night, that you pass out as they leave that night.

Just a thought ;) good luck!!

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Luminaries.

Form a path to the entrance with luminaries, plain brown paper bags with a few cups of sand/cat litter for weight and an LED tealight or pumpkin light inside. Personally, I think real flame is a bit dangerous, but even a couple of glowsticks inside will create little spots of light to follow.

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
I agree with all the suggestions - put signs/flyers everywhere you can. See if the local school will accept some. Luminaries are a great idea too. A countdown sign of any kind would help, especially if it can be seen 24 hours a day. People will wonder what's coming. Also, get some balloons, pop in your glowstick, fill 'em up and let them float as high as you can while still tied up. People will come around just to see what it is. Do you have Craigslist there? Put a post online under the events category. Hope this helps a little.

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
Put an add in the paper the week before, put out signs. put a stringer of lights (orange, purple, or flicker candles) leading a path to your haunt. Draw chalk arrows on the sidewalk leading to the haunt if that is available. If you will have sound effects, the loud sounds may also pull some towards the haunt. There should be a sign in your yard anouncing the haunt along with the other elements I mentioned.

·
Loathsome Crypt Dweller
951 Posts
If you want 'em to come in, you can't do better than to have someone out there to greet 'em. People might hesitate to invade the premises unless they know they're welcome. I'd suggest putting a little graveyard out in the front garden and manning it with a Keeper. Tombstones are pretty easy to make and you can have a lot of fun deciding how to costume your greeter, what to say, etc.

I'd also say make sure to let the neighbors, friends, etc know and invite 'em all to come. Nothing draws people like other people.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Signs, lights, just plain telling them to take a peek out back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts