Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we haven't really come up with a theme per se, but irrespective of that, my wife and I want to try to pull off a Lip Sync Battle sort of thing, kind of like the show.

Mind you, this wouldn't be straight out karaoke, and it's something that guests would have to contemplate and plan for in advance. But how best to execute on this idea? And communicate it? Obviously, it'd probably have to be addressed (or linked to) in he invitation, but how to best do something like this?

I wonder if it's too ambitious, since we wouldn't want people doing a whole song (even the show is a two minute edited clip--which poses another practical problem).

Any ideas on how to do something like this as a party game?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I'm thinking you would have to have the songs picked out already, and I would use the computer. Most of the u tube videos have the lyrics on the screen. It will be time consuming but FUN!!
find the chorus part and let them start from there.

If you had a few props for them to use it would be helpful, like a cowboy hat, long hair, big Glasses (for Elvis) lol

That's all got.....:(

·
Registered
25 Posts
So we did this exact thing last year for our Halloween party. We have a huge party every year and it was by far our guests favorite party they have ever attended. What we did, we sent out invites early, explaining the rules, and letting our guests know they would need to come to the party dressed as the person/group they would be performing as, and to prepare at least 1-2 minutes of a song they would be performing. You could request their song a week of so before your party to compile a play list of just have them bring it on their phones and do plug and play. We had some awesome performances and everyone really got into it. I was the master of ceremony and kind of kept everything going and in order through the night. It takes a little planning but is definitely worth it. I could probably find an old invite and upload a copy to you so you could see what we did. If you have questions, please let me know, it's a ton of fun and it helps people with their costumes as well.

Just an FYI, send the invites early so people have time to pick a song, practice and memorize lyrics.

·
Registered
387 Posts
So we did this exact thing last year for our Halloween party. We have a huge party every year and it was by far our guests favorite party they have ever attended. What we did, we sent out invites early, explaining the rules, and letting our guests know they would need to come to the party dressed as the person/group they would be performing as, and to prepare at least 1-2 minutes of a song they would be performing. You could request their song a week of so before your party to compile a play list of just have them bring it on their phones and do plug and play. We had some awesome performances and everyone really got into it. I was the master of ceremony and kind of kept everything going and in order through the night. It takes a little planning but is definitely worth it. I could probably find an old invite and upload a copy to you so you could see what we did. If you have questions, please let me know, it's a ton of fun and it helps people with their costumes as well.

Just an FYI, send the invites early so people have time to pick a song, practice and memorize lyrics.

Wow! This sounds amazing and like so much fun. I really like the idea of sending out the info on the contest early for those who want to participate. Would you want to share any photos? This sounds like a hoot! Thanks for passing your idea along. :D

GiggleingGhost . . . aka . . . GG

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Outstanding!! This is pretty much right on what I'm conceptualizing! So if you do have a list of your rules, or whatever your verbiage was with your invite and so on, I'd be extremely grateful if you could share!

This is precisely what we want to do. And I too would be MC (although not as cool as LL Cool J, haha)... Our party is also a highlight of our partygoers' year and we have a (first-world) problem of having to keep resetting the bar each year. Plus, some of our previous games start to get a little stale.

So this is fantastic news to hear...appreciate any help you can provide!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Lipsync insert

Here is our insert we used, along with our invite. We printed this off and put it in our invite. It's up to you how you want to run it, but I just called people up, no set order. You could try and get the songs prior but that's kind of tough. Let me know if you have more questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks again! This is extremely helpful and I'm definitely going to borrow heavily from this! Appreciate it and this community that's always willing to assist fellow Halloween enthusiasts. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts