Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had plenty of ones that would look weird - Move Body, Cemetery, Add Blood etc. I just checked one off ' Brush hair on Evil Dead Dolls' I have their heads on lights I put in the bathroom and every time I am in there I think ' Have to Brush Their hair!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I make lists every day leading up to Halloween. The lists and sketches fill more than one notebook by the end of the season. Flipping through them I have noticed something amusing. I have been working on a giant spider queen this year. Her butt is being built from a 48 inch beach ball and paper mache. Its huge! And it takes up the whole dining room table. Since I can only add a coat to one side each day before waiting for it to dry, the paper mache task has been on my list almost every day for several weeks.

When I first started, i bean with the smaller spiders and could do more then one ball on the table. So those early list have a lot of "Work on spider butts."
Then I began the big one. I have listed "work on giant spider butt", "work on giant butt." I joked with my friends that I have been working on so many spider butts I should be an arachnid proctologist. Recently, I noticed that it changed. Even though my spider queen is named Araxxus, I have a lot of "cover big bertha's butt" on a lot of pages.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Mine says "stitch bones back together" (I'm "sewing" Bluckies together with a poultry needle and black jewelry wire, because they're so old and cheap that they don't pop together anymore).

Other than that, it's normal-ish stuff like "make chain", "inventory tombstones". OK, maybe normal isn't a good word.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yes, my list would land me in trouble if it fell into the wrong hands and didn't have "Halloween" on it! I always have a project book at Halloween where I make my notes, drawings, lists etc. so if anyone found it they would figure it out pretty quickly.

But the same goes for my musings and conversation around Halloween. I'm always wondering around stores muttering things like, "How am I going to levitate that murdered bride?" or "You can never have enough severed limbs."

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have been thinking this also. It does look a bit weird, "fill bottles with blood", "make bodies for food storage", "remember plastic for severed foot", but you know, just basic everyday household things...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts