Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how much you guys would spend (if anything) on a metal casket. I am trying to convince my wife that it is a must have, but as usual she thinks I am crazy.

Also, what things would you look at that would increase/decrease the price.

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
Well, You can get a basic one in grey brand new at the funeral home for 450.00. But I think you can get them cheaper other places. I am not really sure what ammenities would increase/decrease the value. But most of those would probably be geared toward actually being buried in it. I wouldn't get a dented one unless it was a really good price or I could pop the dent out.

You could get one you actually wouldn't mind being buried in and keep it. Tell you're wife you are making part of your final arrangements to take some of the burden off of her when you pass. :p I told my husband and children last year that I wanted them to buy me a casket for my birthday. They said no not yet maybe when you're older. Maybe when I'm older? Gatting a casket for your 35th birthday not a big deal, getting a casket for your 75th birthday:eek:

·
Registered
916 Posts
I got a gray metal one on Ebay a few years ago for 250.00 that was in great shape and had all of the liners/padding included. I was able to pick up a 1930s childs coffin for $50 2 years ago. I think it all depends on how lucky you are. Give some thought to how you want to use your coffin. A nice shiny metal coffin is great in a funeral home but doesnt really fit being tossed aside in a cemetery like an old pine box would. I ended up selling my metal coffin because it didnt really fit my haunt style.

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
They were selling a bunch on ebay. Some had been scatched up in a storm and they were selling them pretty cheap. Real caskets.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Homestead, I have to agree with Detriot, where did you get the corpses, or did you make them if you did make them, how?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Granny is ahas been around for years. She is a bucky I corpsed seveal years ago. As memeory serves I used cotton and liquid latex to corpse her and then colored her with Minwax stain. Her eyes are just some squishy fake eyes we found at a Halloween store someplace. One year we just took her in her wheeklchair and pushed her in a ditch! Got some great reactions!

·
Registered
629 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
ill buy it if you want to make the trip to get it! Nothing extra, $125, just like it says. Its in Novi which is about 45 mins from here, and I would look damn cool driving it home in a trailer!!

Heres another full size, real casket for $200

metal casket

·
Typing Away
3,560 Posts
Go by a funeral home and ask if they have any old scratch and dented ones that use for display that they cannot sell. That is how my Jaycee chapter got the one for there haunted house that they put on. The chapter no longer put one on so they gave the casket to me. There is a lot of storage space inside I have it full with props.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts