Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Bog Body
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this thread has already been created. If so let if fade into obscurity.

we had over 400 !!! i bought 376 peices of candy. we were giving out only one per person. we went through that and started on candy friends brought. and the said almost 30% were too scared to even come back to get candy (they ran). so over 400 is the count. amazing

how many did you have?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, we hit the mother load this year. We had well over 600 kids come by. The school around the corner was having a "trunk and treat" and when it was over they all came to our street. I bought over $40 worth of candy and went through it in a little over an hour.
Also, I am very happy to say my first haunt was a huge successes. Everyone that came by said something positive about it. I started out at around 4pm today setting the whole thing up and got done around 6pm. I dont have any idea how i got it done in time. I did have to go out for ice for my fog chiller around 7pm because nobody was home to watch my stuff outside but it worked. The chiller worked very well except I didnt seal the hose well enough and water leaked in a bit. Of course that made the fog back up some but I did fog out the whole cul-de-sac. Next year will be better.

Hope everyone had a great Halloween, audible

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
We had over 100 TOT's tonight.....and for this neighborhood, that was great!

·
Registered
93 Posts
We're estimating at least 1,000 this year.

Our most successful Halloween ever, no question! I'll post pics and a detailed report elsewhere.

Now, we rest... And then we wake up and start tearing down and packing away the yard! :)

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
We planned for 250, thought the high end would be around 300, but by our estimates at the end of the night, we had around 420-430 ToT'ers visit tonight.
We ran out of candy just after 9pm, and had to settle for just handing out glow bracelets after that.
(I had purchased 500 glow bracelets, thinking I was going overboard, and handed out one bracelet with candy for most of the night...we had about 250 little goodie bags, went through those, and then went through another 120 pieces of candy...thank goodness we had bracelets to hand out!)

I don't know if next year will be as busy, but I'm going to stock up even more - I hate running out of candy...and this is the second year of handing out glow bracelets - they are a smash hit with ToT'ers of all ages...

·
Registered
647 Posts
By candy bag count, we had between 350-400 kids. But...we had many many more adults show up to go through our walk-through so I'm sure we had close to 1000 total.

·
Registered
10 Posts
By our count we had about 350 and probably about 50 adults because the kids were to scared to come to the door :D
a bit slow from what we had last year and the year before, almost 700 kids then.

·
Registered
13,632 Posts
I'm staggered by some of your numbers. We had about 125 which I was really pleased with given how I thought Halloween might be dying out in our neck of the woods--only 40 last year BTW. We too ran out of candy and husband made two trips to the store. I also gave out bracelets first time this year. Astounded by how popular they were. I was petrified to open the door to more ToTers than I had candy for at one point (husband hadn't arrived with reinforcements yet), but the kids were all quite pleased to see that I still had bracelets. Turned off everything after 9:30 ish and took in outdoor lighting, then headed for a late dinner. Took the remaining 10 bracelets we had activated with us to the restaurant and the waitresses loved them.

·
Registered
543 Posts
The only ToTs I got were looking for canned goods. I saw two young ToTs, but I guess their parents took them elsewhere to Trick or Treat because they never stopped by.

·
Registered
252 Posts
You guys are so lucky! We live out in the country so we never get any TOTs. We had a Halloween festival Thursday night to go to, which is when some people did their trick or treating here. The candy cauldron was left on the porch just in case, and I was pleasantly surprised and a little saddened to see we missed the TOTs that did come by...AND they were kind enough to not completely empty all of the candy into their bags. Halloween night was just a relaxing evening watching corny movies with our kids. We did have alot of looky-loos all night until about 11:00, but no takers. Oh well, all in all I had a wonderful time. I love Halloween!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well, aside from the families we sent postcards to and/or invited, we had a grand total of 3 groups that were TOTing.

The good news is, that's up from 1 group last year. We tripled our TOTs!

Not many of our friends without kids came this year. I think that's probably because last year was the first year in our new house and they were being nosey :)

Tim

·
Registered
432 Posts
A grand total of one group of kids came to my house :(

No idea what I'm gonna do with all the spare candy!!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Numbers were down. Didn't do the final goodie count but I estimate somewhere around 80, not counting adults and older siblings. Our next door neighbors had a kids Halloween party and we got hit with a deluge around 8:15, once THOSE kids got back from ToTing and arrived at the party next door.
The bonus was the number of kids and parents who told us they look forward to seeing our display every year. One mother said "You know, you're the talk of all the kids in the neighborhood come Halloween." I can't tell you how good that made me feel, I was grinning ear to ear the rest of the night.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'd say we had about 200 kids trick or treating. Every one of them loved the pumpkin-tiki torches...but had to be watched closely as some of the older kids round here would have stolen them, burned themselves or just smashed them for spite.
The graveyard went down well with them and some kids came back a few times just to look at the display. Adults party is tonight!

1 - 20 of 89 Posts