Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Only about 40. This year I am flying down to my sisters house in Celebration, Florida. She said there are a couple thousand people walking around! I am having my 18 year old son run the show while I am gone. I couldn't bear to be a bummer house!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,642 Posts
The forecast is calling for a high in the mid sixties with a 35 % of rain. If this holds true, we'll have more than 600. I'll prepare for 650 to be safe.

·
The Haunting Girl
962 Posts
Like 5. I was hoping to lure them over the train tracks, but it probably won't happen. Also the town is hosting a trunk-or-treat. The way my neighborhood is set up, we are "landlocked" and isolated from the rest of the town, my house happens to be on the very edge of town, far away from the foot bridge that connects us.

·
Registered
330 Posts
We had over 700 last year so I would expect about the same, it was drizzling and chilly last year but that did not seem to stop them then so I don't expect the rain for this years forecast to stop them.

·
The Haunting Girl
962 Posts
We only had 30something last year, but did not have as elaborate of a display. This year we are prepared for a lot of kids, but not expecting many more than last year. Don't want to get caught without enough candy!
Last year was my first year in the neighborhood, but I had Hurricane Sandy last year so I have no idea how many kids to expect. I had to tear everything down and then rebuild after the storm. I had about 9 ToTs, but from what the neighbors tell me, we get anywhere from 5-15 kids. I'm hoping that number will be higher, but the town is hosting a trunk-or-treat.
I'm just hoping that I get lots of kids, but not so many that I run out of candy!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yaaarrrr! We be expecting around 125 - 150 of the little treasure seekers, assuming a squall doesn't blow in. Hoping the snow stays away. It's looking to be reasonably warm (by Canadian standards! LOL Around 5 degrees C, or 41 F ). :)

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
Last year we had maybe 60 to 75 TOT's and we still ran out of candy.

We might have more this year, but I really don't know. I hope 15 pounds of candy lasts until 9PM or so.

A few years ago when we were in a different neighborhood we had like 200 TOTS.
But then again, the majority of the houses were decorated over there. :confused:

Over on this street this year, it's just us and another one at the end of the block *sigh*

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Since the 31st is on Thursday this year we are expecting 300 or a little more. Next year should be quite interesting barring bad weather.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't had one TOT in years. We have children in our neighborhood but they seem to go elsewhere. A co-worker is supposed to bring her kids by...so I'm guessing 2 in total. I fixed them up special pumpkins filled with all kinds of candies.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts