Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At our house, in our rather sedate neighbourhood, and scaled back display, we've gotten around 140 kids the last three years. No reason to expect that to change this Hallowe'en. But next year we're going elaborate again. I promised the kids.

How many tricksters do you expect this week?

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
For the last few years we've had between 450 and 500 trick or treaters, so I expect this year will be the same. Now, I can't promise that none of those aren't repeats. For all I know they may be coming back around a couple of times, but I do know that between 7 and 9, we are very very busy!

·
Registered
72 Posts
We get between 25 and 40ish, depending upon the weather. We live in town, but on a street with no sidewalk and a woods up to the driveway,, so people have to drive their kids here. The street is pretty busy, so there aren't a lot of kids who cross the street.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Really gonna depend on the weather. We're expecting a foot of snow tomorrow, and then 55º for Halloween, which would be the nicest Halloween we've had in years. So we could get anywhere from 20 to hopefully 100.

Hoping everyone gets a good turnout. :)

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
im hoping for about 40-50 but expecting around 30-35 like last year. i dont know if people are interested enough to increase the numbers of TOT's in town, but more would definitely be welcome on my door step.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Would love to see around 100 like the first year we moved here. It was great, all the neighbours ran out of candy and one guy left to go buy everyone more. It seemed our decorating (only one on street), attracted them, but the past two years rain has ruined it and only 20ish came by.

So guess my answer is .... depending on weather. Lets hope this rain stops and it turns nice

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hoping for at least 50. We're in a newer neighborhood which unfortunately really pushes the whole "trunk or treat" nonsense, so that really drives our numbers down. All the parents take their kids to the park and let them walk around the parking lot from car to car for two hours and then take them all home. Bummer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We live on a busy street where only a few houses do Trick or Treat. We have been here 5 years the first couple of years we just had a handful of kids. But as our display has grown so has the kids. We had around 90 ToTs last year and are expecting it to be more this year(if the weather isn't too bad).

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am expecting more than 500. The past few years the number seems to be growing. Not sure where they are all coming from though. Our neighborhood and schools are quite small. But the more the merrier. It is complete chaos. The 2 hours goes by so fast, it is almost not enjoyable. LOL. No time for a bathroom break, or to stop and refresh my favorite beverage. They come from the right, they come from the left, Heck even last year I coulda swore I saw one or two climb out of the sewer.

·
The Great Crazy
42,937 Posts
Last year we seen over 500 come through. I try to mark down all of them so it gives me a candy count for the following year. We are stocked up on candy
and ready 2 roll hoping the weather will be good lol.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Last year I had just under 40, but with basically no display this year temps in the mid 40's and a 60% chance for rain I'm not expecting much. Sort of makes me not feel so bad about not getting the display done this year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We live in a cul-de-sac that blocks off the front street from traffic, and we have a safe ToT area. We're expecting between 2-3K. Rain cut the program short last year, no rain in the forecast this year, so the turn out should be good.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts