Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd say we got about 50, which is above average. I thought we would get more for a Saturday, but it was chilly and rainy.
First came around 6:00 and very steady until about 7:30, then no one. Usually there are a few older kids here and there afterwards, but nope, just quieted right down.

Hope everyone had a great season! :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
We got 51 kids. First one came at 5:30 which is when trick-or-treat started in my town and the last one was around 7:45 with tot ending at 8. It's an improvement from last year when we got 38 kids. I was prepared for a lot more. We had really nice weather for my neck of the woods, high 50s and no rain or wind. Last year was chilly and drizzled on and off. I did blow the minds of some kids by handing out full size bars. Lots of happy comments for that. Hope they remember to come next year.

Happy Halloween!

·
Registered
360 Posts
We got 168. We were also featured on the 6pm news! That was a really nice surprise =) We are hoping with the added publicity and the fact that we give out full size candy bars we will have many more next year!
Tammy

·
Registered
448 Posts
Only about 18, down from the 40 we had last year. We usually hold TOT the saturday before halloween so kids from neighboring towns all come to ours. With Halloween on a saturday this year, I think they all stayed in their own towns which really took down numbers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'd guess about 20-25 or so, but I was busy lurking in the graveyard and didn't keep count how many went for candy. Not bad since the Breeder's Cup is today and multiple sportsings are going on in town, it's Saturday, and the forecast was for cold and rain, potentially starting around ToT time.

As it turned out, temperature was fine and we got some minor sprinkles at most. It was mostly just windy, which prevented the fog from working at all (to nobody's great surprise). Also caused a few issues with our Axworthy, but not enough to stop us from running it.

Beats last year, when we got a snow/rain mix right before ToT time and less than 10 ToTs showed up.

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,674 Posts
I'd estimate 250-300.First few started around 6:30, and I finally turned the lights out around 9:45. When Halloween falls on a weekday, it usually stops aroung 8:30, so this year I got bonus time :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just WOW recently moved to a new area and neighbors said would be very busy on Halloween. I was excited!!! we didn't have a lot of time to get all our stuff together with moving and all, so we did some last minute things and threw together a couple props.
IMG_0625.jpg
A grand total of 8. :( I know numbers were declining in our old area but I expected 50ish. not sure what to do with all this candy.
feeling FAT just thinking about it LOL
Oh well don't think Ill go to any great expense in the future as no one to enjoy it, but myself.

·
Registered
543 Posts
We are at 0 for the third year in a row. The town does a downtown TOT at the shops during the day though so most probably don't bother with evening.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Between 50 and 60, up from last year. Started very slowly, but a couple of large groups got things moving. Weather was fine, a bit cold but nice and crisp for Halloween night!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,316 Posts
Lost count after 100-120, but the husband and I think it was close to 150 if not over, and that was in about 2 hours of TOT. Very good year this year. And we saw less than a dozen kids that didn't have any costumes - most everyone (even the parents) were dressed up in full costumes! Very refreshing!

We gave out candy to all tho, no matter what. :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
I think around 30, maybe 40? Lots of big groups, 5&10 to a group. Great weather today, warm at the start, maybe 60 degrees. Still 54 right now but windy. Everyone has been happy and nice. Even the parents!

·
Registered
822 Posts
judging by the candy about 300

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,976 Posts
15, half what we had last year.

I was ready for a lot more with plenty of candy but nope, 15.

I'm glad all I really did was put out all my pumpkins.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
46 down from about 50 last year(horrible weather) but we had been averaging 80 the previous years. I didn't put anything out but a pumpkin and no one said a word except for family. This was the first time in 20 years I didn't decorate and it felt great not having to stress over it :)

1 - 20 of 111 Posts