Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious how many people you guys generally have at your parties and what size area you have to party in?? This party we're thowing is for about 30 kids but we put on the invitation for the siblings and parents to come as well. I will have personal friends come too to help me out and see what all the hype is about. :) I am worried I am not going to have enough space. I've never had this many people at my home before. My husband is asking me "isn't that a violation of some sort"? LOL The party will mostly be in our back yard and the down stairs of our home. I get the feeling it's going to spread to the front yard and garage as well. LOL

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
Ours takes up the entire downstairs (including the 3-car garage for the Haunted House), two rooms upstairs (a bedroom for the psychic and a bathroom), the backyard, and the drivway (for the 40' facade). Two years ago, we had 149 people all together (including 15 "service providers" - bartenders, photographers, food passers, etc). Last year, we were back down to only about 120, but this year we're expecting another good turnout.

Yeah, I'm sure some people felt violated...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ours takes up the entire downstairs (including the 3-car garage for the Haunted House), two rooms upstairs (a bedroom for the psychic and a bathroom), the backyard, and the drivway (for the 40' facade). Two years ago, we had 149 people all together (including 15 "service providers" - bartenders, photographers, food passers, etc). Last year, we were back down to only about 120, but this year we're expecting another good turnout.

Yeah, I'm sure some people felt violated...
That is SOME party! I don't even think I can get a 40' facade in my driveway! LOL I believe I've seen your pictures before. I remember thinking "How big is this guys garage"??!! LOL

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok,I usually have around 50 and I thought it was too much......
This is what I'm afraid of! I've got about 1100 sq feet downstairs, back yard is average size. I could have as many as 80 people here. Guess it will have to work, huh? Guess I'll decorate the garage too for some extra space.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello friend,

If you are throwing party for 30 kids ,then I think the space you mentioned is not sufficient....
When we had a party in our house then we invited 20 to 25 people but around 40 came......I had a idea of it ,so I did arrangement for them also..we had a large place for party, even then it was not sufficient,so I suggest that whether you arrange it somewhere else or you can arrange dinner in your downstairs,so you will get whole back yard for music,dance and cake arrangement or you can hire catering and decoration agency as we did,it will save your time and will be easily managed also.

Nelson

Online Wedding Party Events

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Our parties are usually more like an open house with people popping by when then can starting around 6-7 pm and usually the last people are leaving about 3-5 am the next morning (the real night owls who first come by after midnight). Also depends upon the weather. The biggest turn out we've had was approx 200 people. Average turnout is approx 100 people, but again its not all at once, on average I'd say there is approx 75 people there at any given time. Basement, upstairs and large back yard with patio and bonfire.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Last year we had around 55 people. I decorated the garage, but only a couple of people hung out there. I'm not going to bother with it this year. Most people were downstairs (which is about 1300 sq ft) or out in the backyard around the firepit. It was a little crowded, but we still had fun!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last year we had around 55 people. I decorated the garage, but only a couple of people hung out there. I'm not going to bother with it this year. Most people were downstairs (which is about 1300 sq ft) or out in the backyard around the firepit. It was a little crowded, but we still had fun!
Thanks for this info HallowSkeen. I think we can make it work! We live on a corner lot so we have a decent sized side yard that can be used as well. We have a privacy fence but I think I'll keep the gate open and incorporate the side yard as part of the party area. Most people will be outside- that's where the DJ is going to be. If it rains, I'm screwed!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
party

We have about 50 kids per party and we have two parties each year. This year we are combining them and hosting only one party. Expecting a huge turnout.

We have a huge yard, huge fire pit and it's mostly wooded. We make the kids stay outside in our "party area" except to use the bathroom. The kids don't mind and they love it.

We just always have a rain date on our invitations...usually the next night or the next weekend, but so far we have had perfect weather.

See my albums if you want.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have about 50 kids per party and we have two parties each year. This year we are combining them and hosting only one party. Expecting a huge turnout.

We have a huge yard, huge fire pit and it's mostly wooded. We make the kids stay outside in our "party area" except to use the bathroom. The kids don't mind and they love it.

We just always have a rain date on our invitations...usually the next night or the next weekend, but so far we have had perfect weather.

See my albums if you want.
Thanks Halloween Mom- I hope I get perfect weather too!! Last yr I recall it raining on Oct 24th but It didn't bother me because our party was indoors. This was the 2nd birthday we've had rain and he's only 6. LOL And one yr it poured the day after! LOL I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Sure wish I had your big back yard!! I am going to try and make it work with what I have though. It's only for 3 hours and half the invites are our neighbors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts