Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do, and my room looks like a victorian room mixed with the average rocker's grotto, so I wonder, do any of you do the same?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel you, I have my skull spirit ball as a centerpiece of my table, while my slightly modified head dropper skull is a room guardian.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I live with my family, and they aren't the most halloween-obsessed. But my bedroom, oh that's a whole other story. I have Crypt Keeper stuff everywhere, including a lifesize Crypt Keeper sitting in my chair, I have severed heads in my bed (one of which is Crypt Keeper), I've got Nightmare Before Christmas and other Tim Burton stuff, an animatronic 5' pirate skeleton, Animated Hex and Crypt Keeper Budweiser advertisements on my tv, scary dolls, clowns all over, a Chucky doll near my tv, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I also have one of those candy bowls with the hand in it that talks every time I turn the light on/off. I'm trying to get the lifesize Hannibal as well. :)

·
MASTER OF ALL I SURVEY!
100,685 Posts
:) I have a lot of my smaller Halloween and Christmas stuff in my bedroom.
Mostly it's figurines and such. I have a snowman collection. I have several
of the famous monster figures.....Dracula, Frankenstein, The Wolfman,
Micheal Myers, Pumpkinhead, Godzilla, among others. Add all that to the
countless soveneers I collected on vacations over the years. In my room
it's either Halloween, Christmas, or vacation all year round!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, you guys. I'm trying to get my hands on a life-sizer, any of them, but preferably Target's skeleton butler to be my official doorman. (Oh yeah, I have one of those candy bowls, but it's an older one that has a child voice)

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
We have some Halloween on display year round, and some Christmas (less Christmas than Halloween, but there's an old superstition I was brought up with that if you have a Santa on display year round, he'll bring you abundance...seems to work. Hmm...wonder if that would work with a Jack Skellington in full Santa regalia?). Once we have some 4th of July decor (my wife's favorite holiday), we'll have some of that on display year round, too.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I keep two Jim Shore witch figurines on top of my bedroom hutch - I change the dried flower arrangement between them to reflect the 'other' seasons. :D

·
Registered
625 Posts
When I read the topic, I thought you meant Halloween candy decorating around the house. I don't decorate all year. I try to decorate more than the allowed time though like starting in the middle of September, and trying to go to at least the middle of November. Than, I try Christmas before Decemember to somewhere in January.

Than, I'm able to only leave like lights up. I take them down when they fall down. Without bright lights, the mood is dull in Jan / Feb. It's so darn dark outside.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
My office is full of hallowen stuff year round....keeps me in that state of mind, this year I'm moving that ridiculous 4ft. high gyrating skirt hula girl lamp my aunt SHIPPED from Hawaii out so I can move my coffin Jerry made into that corner.

I keep my Dracula mask on a head in the hallway upstairs. I could decorate every holiday cause I have all the decorations from my old restaurant where we went way out with that kind of stuff but usually after Halloween & Christmas I'm pooped & we are busy as hell making candy for our accounts for Valentines day. If I had people coming over tho we would decorate.

the Muffster

·
Registered
414 Posts
Halloweenfan, I combat the dullness with a year round tree in my bedroom. January I leave most of my snowman collection up and white lights on the tree. February gets red lights, March green etc. I don't have the storage to go too nuts with too many decorations but the lights make me happy.:D Besides, once January gets here I start thinking about Halloween again!;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a few things up year round, some little sitting skeletons, a pumpkin candle holder and a skull. There is also the horror movie collection the never goes away.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I started leaving a few things up. I have my 3 ft gargoyle that sits on my front porch by the front door to greet people. I left a beautiful skull candle out on a side table in the hallway. I also ended up leaving out lights that we had put up to decorate the back deck. So I have purple lights along the one side of the fence, and some red skull lights at the top of the deck. I left those up because they look so nice at night when we're hanging out back there. Plus....less to do next Halloween.....BONUS! :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
for Halloween,, the whole house,, every other time of the year,, just some stuff,, i like having skulls/ candles, etc out all year long.. garage included.

·
Registered
334 Posts
oh,, and since he's huge, my new Monster Mud Reaper stays in the garage all year long as well,, plugged in and everything,, so when i flip the garage lights on,, his lantern comes on as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts