Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen in threads and talked to people in Chat about meeting other Members in person.

So, how many people from the Forum have you met in person?

I'll go first:
I have met Lurks in the shadows :)
He was up in the area to visit some friends and stopped by my family's haunt (on day two when it was dead)
We talked for a while and realized that not only can we talk forever in Chat, we can talk forever in general (some Chat regulars know what I mean) :D
It was so fun and really cool to meet someone to talk Halloween with who was just as crazy about the holiday.

So anyone else willing to say who they have met from the Forum?

sorry about the colors got bored ^__^

·
Resident Lunatic
1,769 Posts
Never met any of them. I often wear my HalloweenForum T shirt from 2007 (missed out on 2008). I keep hoping that someone will recognize it and say, "Hi, I'm ____ from the forum. And you are?"

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
I have met witchiepoo twice. I would love to meet some of the guys in Florida, when I am there in Jan/Feb, but alas no-one seems to be up for it.

Actually anybody holidaying in Florida or going to the superbowl?

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
I've met MrsMyers; Haunted Host, IDoNotExist and Tignyx in person. Deathtouch stalks my house but is too chicken to come say hi :p

But there is a group of people here that I've gotten to know very well over the past 4 years. We haven't met in person, but I know they would be here for me if I ever needed anything and vice versa.

RRGuy - I know I would stop and say something if I ever see anyone with a HF forum tshirt.

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
None yet, but that should change soon...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know EvilMel, but didnt realize she was a member here until the other day, hahaha! We know each other from another hobby of ours.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I have met Mr. & Mrs. Spookineer, 1st time they came & surprised me at a craft show I was doing....we had a wonderful visit & the 2nd time I went over to their house to get moving boxes from them that they were unloading. Very nice people.

Last Thursday we went over to see Spookzilla's haunt & me & jer & him & his wife had a great visit talking about props & such & enjoying his display. Last night they came over to see our display & we all had a beer! Also very nice people.

We are in the works of forming a halloween prop building group & our 1st get together is Dec. 13th here at my house, its a Halloween Christmas party, they are all coming & bringing their families to meet each other & have dinner here. Here's the guest list so far:

Mr. & Mrs. Spookineer
Mr. & Mrs. Spookzilla
Catzilla Crew
DaveintheGrave & Family
Trioxin Undead
JGC106 & Family
Lady of Chamberwell Manor & Family
Perhaps Mr. & Mrs. Scarisburg
Haunted Neuron & Mrs.
Digger & Mrs.
My Neighbors & Kids
Perhaps the Family I borrowed the kid from for the Scary Scene
And there is about 3-4 interested from Haunt Forum
And I am promoting it here in my neighborhood & had some interested Dads on Halloween night, which we will turn into members here!!lol

So we shall see what kind of turnout we have!! If they all come that will be a pretty nice bunch of members to get aquainted with.

the Muffster

·
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow... the response has been pretty good to this :)

anyone else meeting people from the forum intentionally or accidentally?
anyone here join because of another member's recommendation?

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Off the top of my head, I can recall meeting in person
Pandora
Buckaneerbabe
&
Buckaneerdude
FontGeek

There are a number of people I've known for years on this forum, and would welcome the chance to meet them in person if it ever came about...until then, we have this forum to know each other...

·
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
has anyone organized a group get together in your state or area before?
and if so how well did it turn out?

·
Resident Lunatic
1,769 Posts
RRGuy - I know I would stop and say something if I ever see anyone with a HF forum tshirt.
That would be awesome!

I didn't know there is a forum t-shirt??
Where do get this t-shirt that was mentioned!!
Since I joined last July, shirts and hoodies were offered in each of the last two years. I got the shirt in '07 for something like $12.95. Stick around. Orders will probably be taken again next year as Halloween approaches.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts