Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious how many kids come to the door on the big day. I live in a small town of 10,000 and we received 234 last year. Gawkers and adults don't count. Only the little ones that brave the walk up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I didn't count last year but would guess around 30. I honestly wasn't expecting that much (it was our first year here so I had no idea). We don't live off of a busy road but I think the house caught a lot of people's attention in this otherwise undecorated neighborhood.

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
10k is a small town!? I just moved from a town of 400 people and we got just over 30 ToT's both years we lived there, this year we'll get zero, and any future years while we're in this house because we live in a tiny tiny neighborhood that is out of the way, no one comes up here for Halloween. I'll still decorate a little bit for myself and to piss my landlord off though lol.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Somewhere around 500. I'm a little worried what kind of crowd a Friday will bring. It will be my first weekend Halloween in this house.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
First year we got 38 kids I think? Last year we got 83. It's a big city but our area has been a little short on kids - it was all seniors when we moved here ten but there's been a lot of turnover and I think we've got a bunch more kids in the neighbourhood this year.

We don't generally put much up early, but I think we're gonna put about half of our stuff out a week in advance so maybe that'll help our numbers. Not sure what Friday will be like either. May be more competition from events, etc. But the big enemy is snow.

As much as I'd love to see our numbers grow, I also really enjoy talking with people. I hope we don't lose that completely if business picks up.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Wow! Some of you sure do get a lot of TOT'ers! We've been keeping a somewhat organized count since 2008, and the most we've gotten is around 140 or so. We live in an area with a lot of houses/neighborhoods and I think the kids are just really spread out over the whole area so we don't see all of them. I hope that this year will bring an extra boost to attendance since it's on a Friday!

Although, if I ever got more than the 250 count, I'm not sure if I could afford to give out the "good candy"! LOL!
:eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
This will only be the second year in my current house, but last year we probably got around 150 or so kids to the door. Add maybe another 10-15 who were too scared to come up to the door, lol! I'm expecting a bit more this year since it'll be a Friday.

·
Registered
282 Posts
As much as I'd love to see our numbers grow, I also really enjoy talking with people. I hope we don't lose that completely if business picks up.
I enjoy that too. I usually spend most of the night on the sidewalk directing traffic and doing a little light security which gives me more of a chance to talk to TOTs and neighbors than if I'm sitting on the stoop.

·
Registered
175 Posts
We live in a city of 30,000 and average between 30-50 kids. The one year it was on a Saturday with good weather and we ran out of candy! I lost count of the kids, but it must have been 75+. I'm sure a Friday will bring more, so we're making sure we've got extra stocked up.

·
Registered
411 Posts
When my parents first bought this house we were at the edge of town, so we got carloads of kids dropped off from outside town and had well in excess of 300 trick or treaters. Now this area is no longer the edge of town, and the neighborhood is on the cusp of transition from empty nesters to families with kids, so we get ~75 trick or treaters. Maybe it'll be better if it doesn't rain like it has the last 3 years running.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
We get about 5 on a good year. This year I'll tell party guests to feel free to bring little ones for a walk-through. People aren't apt to drive over a mile for a couple pieces of candy, but maybe they will for the Halloween experience.

·
Seer of All
2,937 Posts
Right at 500, give or take 10. When we moved to this house 12 years ago, we got maybe 30-40. I did a few small things in the yard, pumpkins on the stoop, etc. but nothing like now. Once I started the graveyard, it grew exponentially. We've been at 500 for the last 4 years so I think we're maxed out.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts