Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many haunted houses have you guys been to so far this year? And did you get your moneys worth?

So far I went to 2 in the Chicagoland area... Dream Reapers & Ditkas Dome Haunted House, both were pretty good, 15$ a piece to get in, not bad.. well worth it

how about you guys?

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have only been to one, the Haunted Forest in American Fork UT. It was pretty good $15 for about 45 minutes of indoor and outdoor scenes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been to one and going to a second this week. Our local fire department had a haunt to raise money I was really surprised, definetly the best haunted houser ive ever been in. 10$

·
Registered
42 Posts
just one...but that one was sooooo freakin awsome. it was the Haunted Hoochie/Dead Acres in Pataskala Ohio. it was $17 and over 2 hours in line...and i can't wait to do it again.

this haunt is rated #13 in the country i think. great stuff!!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,875 Posts
Um...

8?:D Technically it is one haunt, but they have 8 different houses at the location and they are completely different and stand alone haunts. We were told they are #1 in Texas, and I think #7 or 8 in the country.

One of my friends used to work at our city's biggest haunted attractions, and he hooked us up with free entry to 8 different houses. I was over the moon happy!

I also got a sneak preview of 4 this past April for the Hauntcon - they opened up a haunted house for the convention, and I got a very early halloween fix. ;)

(at one point, one of our friends commented that I was skipping to the next house... I was so excited that I was actually skipping... no, I'm not a freak. :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I haven't been to a haunted house in over 5 years. I use to put together a group of guys to do haunted hayrides and houses but, the last time we invited another group to go with us. Well, they threw water on some of the actors and it just bummed the rest of us out too much to do it again right away.
On the lighter side, while I was in Virginia we did the Ghosts Amoung Us tour of the governors palace in Williamsburg and right after that we did the Cry Witch trial in the same town. Since my other half and I got there early we were actually governors and got to sit up on the stage with the high governor. It was pretty sweet even though I did condemn the woman.

·
Registered
212 Posts
none unfortunately. Money is super tight right now, and i can't justify spending almost $50 for my wife and I to go. I don't go to the single house for $10 or $15 anymore, i go to the "value" ones that are $20 or $25 for 6 or 7.

I am planning to go to one next thursday- Scare Creek in Canton, OH. 6 houses and a hayride for $23/person. It seems like i only get to one a year anymore so might as well spend the extra cash and get my money's worth.

p.s. best concept ever-re-entry for $1 or $2. Any houses by you do this? A few do here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have not been to any yet but there is one haunted hay ride in plainfield il I am going to this weekend.Hey Halloweeiner my parents live just down the street from Ditkas haunted dome but since I have a 9 year old I dont know how scary it would be for him and I myself never been inside.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Missouri Haunts

I took my family to The Beast and The Edge Of Hell this year I'm working at our local haunt this year its called Kreepy Krug. Will be going to others if time permits. For cost its well worth it. What can you say its one of the oldest haunts out there.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I took my family to the Haunted Tour at Eastern State Penetentiary in Pennsylvania. This was an actual penetentiary where Al Capone spent some time and was investigated by Ghost Hunters. It was great! The tour lasted 40 minutes and even had a 3d effect which had you walking through a cell block wearing 3D glasses. Things and Ghouls pooped out along the way and it was very well done. Highly recommended.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
There are at least four or five in this area but the boyfriend and I were trying to save money, so we haven't been to any of them. Then this past weekend there was a neighborhood garage sale and we sold enough stuff to pay for two admissions to one of them! It was pretty cool.

I mean, money isn't THAT tight, but this was just some extra money people gave us to haul away stuff we didn't need anyways, so why not spend it on a Haunted House?!?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts