Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Amy and I are HARDCORE travelers. Last year I set my new record of 22 months straight of leaving the DFW area each month.

While out I like to try the local tours. Not only are we talking fun but you find out a lot of info that seems to get left out of the regular tours. Take Boston for an example. We went to various sites of the Strangler, discussed the various hanging knots & how they came about in the Commons, talked about why bodies were stacked in graves and even saw the only book in the country.

In San Diego we found out what those brass discs in the side walks in Old Town meant (hint: they aren't utility markers :D) and visited some of the most haunted sites in the country.

I have some pics if I can find them if anyone is interested.

Been to NOLA 3 times but haven't managed to get on their tours yet and I'm really disappointed.

Jim

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've heard so many great things about St. Augustine - definitely hope to get there some day and will check out the ghost tour for sure! I love finding ghost tours when I'm travelling; it's such a great way to learn some interesting history (as well as the haunted aspect, of course :) ) Victoria, Canada (where I live) has a fantastic ghost walking tour as well - worth a try if anyone is visiting.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
The closest that I have been is near a supposedly haunted nightclub in Chicago (The Excalibur); even from across the street, the place gave off an otherworld aura, though the lighting also had much to do with that. I was in middle school at the time and the teacher, who was heading the field trip, would not allow us to go in, of course. Most of the group wanted to get inside simply because it was a club, whereas I cared more about the supernatural activity:D

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am a sucker for ghost tours. The non-local ones I've gone on were in Savannah, Salem, Edinburgh (Scotland), and a historic town in Maine. The Edinburgh tour was neat as it partially took place in underground vaults.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
My family travels to Florida a lot for vacations. We've been on three different St Augustine ghost tours and we love them. I had to laugh. The first tour we went on several years ago, at the end of the tour I asked my family how they liked it. My husband and daughter were disappointed they didn't get to see a ghost. lol I told them the ghosts there were like the ghost all over. They don't sit around waiting for people's beck and call. And in the three times we've gone, not surprisingly, we've never seen a ghost.

We didn't have time to take in any ghost tours while we were in Ireland. Which was to bad because I bet they had some great ones over there. So busy we didn't even find time for a pub crawl.

·
Registered
11 Posts
New Orleans has awesome ghost tours! St.Augustine FL does as well we've always loved going on the yours there. Haven't done enough traveling to go on many tours but we do our own local paranormal investigations so we get to see some pretty interesting stuff. I wish I had the footage my group took from a local cemetery/resting place from the 1800s but when we got our flash drive back it was empty. We had over an hour of audio/video on the drive and it was gone very disappointing but spooky at the same time.

image.jpg

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I have taken the New Orleans ghost tours and historical tours and they were very good, fun... then maybe a year ago my Wife got researching those N.O. stories and the" puter" says they are all fiction!? NO!
They said they got them from old newspaper accounts. I hope maybe they did!
When I was down there I could never make contact with one guy who advertising quite a lot for his ghost tour. I was later told it was expensive and he drove you across town to an old house , you all sat at a table, he would suddenly glance up the stairs and say:"It's The Lady in Red!"... but he was The Only one who could "see" her, yes the guy who just pocketed that chunk of "Change" that used to be yours!
My haunted, haunted house is open almost every night of the year. I can speak for a long time telling the numerous stories and sightings and their" particulars".
Everything I talk about has actually happened here. Happened to me, my wife, my ex, numerous October employees , patrons of the house and a large "army" of people and their relatives who previously lived here as an apartment house.
These events will not probably make it into any Hollywood Horror movie script because by those fictional, elevated standards they are very mundane, simple and very basically Un-Hollywood like occurrences .. but most would find themselves unnerving or scary if they were to happen in front of them.
There is a long "Laundry List" of odd, strange, highly co-incidental and some definitely supernatural things that have happened here . I get in trouble with my Wife sometimes because I spend too much time telling people about it. "Time" seems to shrink inside this house for most people and the hours pass unnoticed and often create much surprise upon the final exiting, I always hope I'm not in trouble with someone for being this way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's awesome sounds like my house isn't the only one with ghastly affects on it's visitors. I also think my house has a mind of it's own and in that mind it hates animals because we've had perfectly healthy pets die and upon the numerous inspections of the house nothing turns up. It just seems certain animals are not welcome here. My American Bullies are doing fine along with my other pit bull but they are outside 95% of the time. The house also likes to open doors for you as you approach them haha makes my wife jump every time! Makes me laugh a little each time

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am a sucker for ghost tours. The non-local ones I've gone on were in Savannah, Salem, Edinburgh (Scotland), and a historic town in Maine. The Edinburgh tour was neat as it partially took place in underground vaults.
Do you remember what company you went with? Amy and I are going to Scotland in 2015 to renew our vows (20th anniv) at Gretna Green but will be spending 2-3 days in Edinburgh.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have been to the warsa club ghost in Virginia city. I have 2 pictures that have orbs in them. The day I was there the energy was high and even the tour guides were getting headaches.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts