Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ravenous Zombie
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious - how long does your haunt stay open to visitors for? I thought that some of you sounded like you were just open for October 31 but what if the weather is bad that day, do you have a rain date?

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Just the night itself, till it looks like we've had the last of the TOT's. Which around here is around 11pm.

However this year it looks like i may have to close early. It's not traditional which is what i'm all about, but with Halloween being on a weekend night i'm not going to be able to resist packing up early and going to the halloween costume raves at the clubs till the very very early hours of the morning. I'm weak haha.

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
If the 31st is Mon-Thurs I usually open for the little Tots [like 4 and under] from about 4pm to 6pm. I cover the scarecrows with happy/cute faces made from pillow case and any really gory or frightening [you know, the good stuff] gets hidden under burlap. My wife usually hands out the candy dressed as something pretty non-threatening. Last year she was a gypsy. I use this time to handle details and fix last minute failures before suiting up for the game. At 6pm I start stripping the covers off displays, start the soundtrack and we run until ToTs stop coming--generally about 9:30-10pm. If the 31st is Fri, Sat, or Sun I handle stuff differently. This year it's strictly the 31st because we just moved into a new house Sept 15 and my wife is cranky that I unpacked the tombstones before brought the sofa in from the garage. We'll run the 'weekday schedule'. Normally we'd stay open until almost midnight on a Friday. If Halloween falls on Sat or Sun, I open the night before at 6pm and run until about 10pm. No candy, but all the lights, sounds and actors. No rain/snow dates on the 31st--I just don't open on the 30th for rain/snow.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Same here as WickedBB70! Whether it snows, rains, blows, whatever...it's halloween or bust! And we've had all of the above on one occasion or another.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts