Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
We all pretty much know and can appreciate all those hours, weeks, nights and days required, don't we? Some seemingly difficult things can suddenly be finished! Some easy, quick seeming tasks drag, give trouble make you want to gnash your teeth (Your own not Dracula's rubber ones) pull out your hair (Plural or singular? any left?)........that's how it goes.
I have taken the time to thank customers when they compliment my work effort here. Even though I do this full-time and do it for a living, it Still means a lot to me to hear them say what they often say. I can't spend that compliment to pay my bills.. but then it has never been just about making a living here for me.
At the end of my first room routine I began saying how pretty much everything they will be seeing as they go through the house has been done by "Me", then I add:"What else have I been doing for the last 27 years?
I also take the time to give the credit for most of the masks displayed here, since my old neighbor, Jeremy Bohr, a pro mask-maker made the majority of them.
One night I walked across the alley to talk to him, he was sculpting a life-sized head from clay (lump of clay) 25 minutes later, I recognized the lump of clay, it was now Christopher Walkin! (I could Slap that clay around for a couple of Years and it would never look like" Anybody"!!)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i KNOW............man the reindeer alone...i wish i had bigger pics of this, someone on a blog somewhere said they are in venice beach area in fla...anyone around there keep an eye out......lol.........i wanted to see a better close up ..... i was like, omg, i want to do this, id keep my halloween AND christmas up to do just this, make it halloween then convert to xmas...can you just imagine that conversion? gave me chills...hahaha.............
my mom was a professional artist, in the early sixties she started painting scenes for our yard, actually for a formal party at our club..she did the big life size plywood cut outs, did all the disney figures in xmas style.....could do it that way, wouldnt be the same loses alot of the effect but least it could be done..........oh i want a bigger pic to study...lol i was trying to count how many figures it was and got lost...or overwhelmed, thinking ok they have to be moveable and light weight, sturdy........ im so impressed.......i want to try this... .................big prop builders what do you all think??? this has to be more than foam board.

·
Spider Maven
1,469 Posts
Oh. Wow. Amazing. I so want to do that.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Pretty flipping sweet. All of the setup is superb, but I am particularly fond of the fanged wreath. Getting back to the question, there is no way that they could have finished that amount of projects in less than a year, I would think.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Because you asked for an estimate,

I'm going to say it took them 3 months to do the whole thing... and they have 19 kids and counting who they forced to make everything.

Thank you for sharing - it is so cool!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts