Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its just a few minutes until November and I'm going to confess that I turned the timer from 4 hours past dusk to 8 hours a little while back. Kind of a tradition, I do the same thing on Xmas eve leaving the lights on late. Anyone else with me on this? Not trying to waste power or anything, I'm going to unplug everything tomorrow and start the clean up. Just one last hurrah I guess. Happy Halloween to all,
final 2013.jpg
Bucky

·
Registered
405 Posts
I took everything in around 8:30 last night. A big storm was on the way and its expected to last through the weekend. The light went out at 8;15 when I ran out of treats, I guess I will have to prepare for 250 kids next year.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I leave my display lit up till about 12-12:30...even last night. I just figure there's really no traffic on my street behind that time frame so its almost pointless. I'm gonna have my display up again tonight because we are having our halloween party tonight. So I'm still celebrating beyond the 31st! lol

·
Registered
196 Posts
til about midnight, then usually take it all down the next day, but due to the rain last night I didn't get many pictures or videos, so I may leave my display up thru tonight or tomorrow, try to get some good pics.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Generally through the season I'll leave things on 'til 10 or so. Agreed, with the inclement weather, wasn't able to put out some ot the better decorations. Hoping to put it up in it's full glory tonight & get some pics.

·
Evil Wizard
2,165 Posts
I took the last photo of my front yard around 9:15 PM, when the rain intensified. Left all the lights on while I brought everything (except for the inflatable, spot lights and extension cords) inside my garage to dry off. Finished that by 10:20 PM, and then turned off the power.

Over the last two weeks, I had timers set. Inflatable tree went up at 3:00 PM, and the other lights came on at dusk (or manually, if I was outside working on something.) Then the timer turned them all off at 9:30 PM.

·
Psychic or Psychotic?
714 Posts
Fog machine came in early because it started to rain. Last 2 of 5 TOTs came by at 8:45. Since rain was in the forecast for today I shut the lights off at 10 and brought my ATX power supply in even though it was covered up good (just didn't want it to fry). I also unplugged everything so it won't come on tonight. Tomorrow it all comes down.

If the weather would have held out I would have left everything on until 11. I did have my LED's in the pumpkins on and they're still going strong today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts