Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an additional fog machine this year (two actually) & I would like to run a chiller from my porch, to the walkway. It would be roughly, 2 feet long, then a 90 degree turn to the ground (6 feet), the another 90 degree turn, then another 4 feet.

Is 12 feet too long when adding two 90 degree turns?

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was playing around with the PVC chiller and I came to the conclusion, the ammount of ice in the tube greatly effects the power of the fog. It also depends on the power of the fogger itself. The best thing you could do is test it . I think it might be a bit to long but I can't say for sure.

·
Registered
814 Posts
considering the fog chillers can get that long with really sharp turns I dont see a problem at all

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I was curious if the fog itself gets trapped in the fogger at the end of the "fog" session? Once the fogger needs to cool off, all that fog will get trapped in the fogger (right)?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Since the fog is chilled and the first 6 feet is down you will not have any problem reaching the end. If your worried you could put a small computer fan on the end to pull it out.

·
Registered
955 Posts
fan and fog

I did some research re use of fan and fog.

I placed a squirrel cage fan on my chiller to blow cold air into the fog stream directly after it leaves the fogger nozzle. I did this because I read some article's about chillers and fog. Apparently if you run fog through a fan, the fan will knock the fog particles out of air suspension. Not sure about how drastic the reduction is, but depending on how your chiller is designed, you may want to try putting positive pressure into the expansion chamelp force the fog out.

Spinman

·
Registered
814 Posts
yeah I wondered about that with a fan.

I still hold to the belief it wont be a problem without the fan.

One of my chillers has 18 feet of conduit and I don't have any problem with the fog becoming stagnant inside the tubing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there a lot of fog stuck in the conduit?

What do you think about getting a PVC "Y" splitter & putting two fog machines into one chiller? Would there be a lot of wasted fog?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts