Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family and I pack it up Halloween night just for safety reasons and to keep kids from knocking on the door at midnight looking for candy.

How long do your dispays last after Halloween?

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Ditto.

Halloween night.

With the weather being as bad as it is at the moment i've a bad feeling it might not even go up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I usually take all of my pumpkins in Halloween night, but I put 'em right back out the next day. I am just trying to keep them from being smashed. A zombie or two will usually hang around for a couple of days too. You gotta let the Halloween flag fly as long as you can!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Everything is down in about a half hour that night. I don't like leaving things out. I do leave out the locked down pumpkins because, if they are carrying bolt cutters, then they are free to have them. lol It's all thrown into the garage and then torn apart or put away the next day.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
DOWN???!! How about letting me get it all up first :rolleyes:

We have a big haunt that some discover H'ween night, so we usually leave it up until the first Saturday after H'ween. This year ... dunno. Might start taking some of the props in Sunday.

Click on the album in my sig and you'll see the smaller haunt last year.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
I end up getting all the "Halloween" stuff put away within a week of the holiday; I'll usually leave up some orange & yellow "fall" lights through Thanksgiving since we host Mr. We'en's family. The weekend after that it all comes down & we get our X-Mas trim lights up. *sigh* So much work, so little time...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Oh I feel for those of you that take stuff down on Halloween night.......man after our last TOT'er we close that front door & thats it!! We are so busy on Halloween night I mean its like a high intensity aerobics class that goes on for 4hrs., so we don't touch anything that night. Its really been a job taking all of the families pictures & Jer stays busy as heck in that kitchen with giving out the treats & popcorn bags , plus he pops corn while this all goes on so the house smells good. Joe will conduct traffic this year cause of them going thru the garage after touring the house.

WE usually leave things up for a day or 2 but not this year....my halloween xmas party is Dec. 13th & if we are gonna have this house done by then we are gonna have to get halloween down FAST & start with red & green.

Muf

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
I've actually been known to start taking down webbing, etc during the waning hours of TOT. :D

Everything goes into the garage that night. The fog or weather usually gets things damp, plus a stray bug or two gets tangled somewhere, so I don't box that night.

I pull out the Christmas, so I can put the Halloween in the back. I"m going to get one of those countdown hoilday calendars and have it out the next day.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,852 Posts
Most of it comes down the night of (around 10-11 is when we start breaking it all down).

The other stuff down by Nov. 1st.

This year, we're having our party on Nov. 1st, so it won't come down until after the last party guest leaves, and probably finished out Nov. 2.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I usually leave mine up for a few days. I keep it all running until the early hours of the morning the day after Halloween. There's just something "magical" about leaving it up throughout the chilly hours of Halloween that I enjoy, plus I'm usually up very late watching Halloween movies with the family. I even go out and make sure the pumpkins are still lit at 1:00 in the morning. :)

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
When my display was just a small graveyard I pulled everything in Halloween night. Now everything stays up until the 1st when durable props come into the garage to dry [if necessary] and disposable stuff finds its way into the trash, fire pit, or or compost as appropriate. I keep a JoL with a flicker LED burning in the kitchen window from dusk til dawn halloween/Nov 1st, but all the other props get turned off/covered at about 11pm when I shut off the porch lights. ToTing around here traditionally slows down around 9:30 and is done by 10 or so, but I hang out a while longer prepping stuff for shut down so i leave the light on so i can see and keep the candy handy for latecomers or my own snacking. And there's a lot of snacking. It takes a couple of days to get around to putting it all away, but I work from home so I have the leisure to do so at my own schedule.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts