Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how this is done? I am figureing some kinda of crank ghost setup but HOW????
Can someone draw up a diagram or something on how it is put together?
I REALLY REALLY want to make one of these for my spider area of my haunt....

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
Can anyone tell me how this is done? I am figureing some kinda of crank ghost setup but HOW????
Can someone draw up a diagram or something on how it is put together?
I REALLY REALLY want to make one of these for my spider area of my haunt....

I made mine a few years back based a basic FCG setup with a wiper motor powered on a 5 volt 1 amp wall wart. It's leg span is 54" and I made the legs pivot where they attach to the body with screw eyes. Mine has red led eyes and uses a small motion activated spitter to attack people. All the (fishing) lines are green to hide them and extra long to drop down through a rope web.

I may update the design soon to replace the screw eyes on the legs with universal joints for more fluid movement.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have a giant spider...I have a rotisserie motor...now all I need is the gumpshun!

I plan on hanging my spider in my tree this year and have trying to figure a way to make it move. This is just in time.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've never seen that, that is FRICKIN SWEET
Would be great for any spider room and I have several wiper motors and an extra rig. Add some other spiders an pneumatic one trigger that then they jump back into this, I think I would load my shorts....the possibilities......

I would love to see some vid or pics of this set up in his haunt, anyone got some???

Way cool

-PB

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
I've never seen that, that is FRICKIN SWEET
Would be great for any spider room and I have several wiper motors and an extra rig. Add some other spiders an pneumatic one trigger that then they jump back into this, I think I would load my shorts....the possibilities......

I would love to see some vid or pics of this set up in his haunt, anyone got some???

Way cool

-PB
I swung by his YouTube channel and the "Updated Spider" video is basically how he set it up. He has a haunted barn set-up it seems. Here's the link to his channel if you want to contact him: YouTube - dacostasr's Channel

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had fun making one last year. Mine used a wiper motor at 5 vdc and had wooden dowels for legs. I would strongly advise against the wooden legs. They become extremely brittle after they dry out over time. Mine have busted 5-6 times and I have to keep gluing them back together. I cut notches into the base of the legs and ran a pin through them and a 90 degree angle bracket. This was my "bench test".

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
be carefull "The Pod" you ROCK so hard you might hurt yourself!
Thank you VERY VERY much for putting that link up... Ive already started working on this...
THIS HALLOWEEN IS GONNA BE GREAT!!!!!

Thanks again! :D

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
OOOOhhhh I saw this a few years ago and forgot about it....but that would really go well in my entryway. I wasn't real thrilled with my "mama" spider last year (cheapy storebought), but this would be an impressive "mama". THanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts