Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turning fake looking Skeleton Head into something COOL!

OK...I have a Gemmy from years ago that is just a plain old pirate skelly with a happy face. He is going to work again for my haunt. But last year I put a mask on his face because he was just too plastic and fakey looking for the yard. I decided he needed a makeover.
I am not done with him but Here is my progress so far.

See he just looks like Disney land happy to me.

So I took off his hat and added some skin to him. I then added two layers of latex paint and the second one put some gray tint. I waited for it to dry and then I have started to add detail. I am NOT Finished with the detail because as of now it looks like cheesy faux wall painting on his face . But it looks a heck of a lot better then when I first started. Will post the final pics when he dries and put the final touches on. I hope you like!
[/IMG]

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is some of the faux painting but it will get better I promise!

One of the things I like about him is that his blue eyes are now GONE!!!

He kind of has that creepy Terminator look in his eye now.

Will keep you updated!

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

So I added a deep purple color all over the faux paint job and a sealer on it!!!

Then after he dried I put his hat back on and turned his eye on !!! I think he looks much much better then before!He will be MY version of Dead Eye Drake.

·
Master of my own Universe
975 Posts
Great job Erin !

You have inspired me to do a makeover on prop I have that I have yet to use...

This is before...

and after the makeover ...

Surprising how a quick paint job can completely change a prop ... thanks again Erin :D

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Looks good. I have the Dead Eye Drake pirate skelly and he has no eyes but one of his eye sockets light up and he looks very creepy as you can see in my avatar and album pics.You could pluck out his eyeball and try that too otherwise his eye looks much better now.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Excellent work, Erin!! What a huge improvement. Cute to creepy, viola!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts