Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turning fake looking Skeleton Head into something COOL!

OK...I have a Gemmy from years ago that is just a plain old pirate skelly with a happy face. He is going to work again for my haunt. But last year I put a mask on his face because he was just too plastic and fakey looking for the yard. I decided he needed a makeover.
I am not done with him but Here is my progress so far.

See he just looks like Disney land happy to me.

So I took off his hat and added some skin to him. I then added two layers of latex paint and the second one put some gray tint. I waited for it to dry and then I have started to add detail. I am NOT Finished with the detail because as of now it looks like cheesy faux wall painting on his face . But it looks a heck of a lot better then when I first started. Will post the final pics when he dries and put the final touches on. I hope you like!
[/IMG]

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is some of the faux painting but it will get better I promise!

One of the things I like about him is that his blue eyes are now GONE!!!

He kind of has that creepy Terminator look in his eye now.

Will keep you updated!

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

So I added a deep purple color all over the faux paint job and a sealer on it!!!

Then after he dried I put his hat back on and turned his eye on !!! I think he looks much much better then before!He will be MY version of Dead Eye Drake.

·
Master of my own Universe
969 Posts
Great job Erin !

You have inspired me to do a makeover on prop I have that I have yet to use...

This is before...

and after the makeover ...

Surprising how a quick paint job can completely change a prop ... thanks again Erin :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts