Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last few years, my brother and I have been driving his hearse in the Worlds of Fun amusement park Halloween Haunt parade in Kansas City, MO.

Haunt happens every Friday and Saturday night from mid-September until Halloween, and is opened at dusk by the Overlords Awakening, where a red-robed, skull-faced character rises and towers about 30 feet over the crowd and addresses them, informing them of the horrors they are about to face. The park has a number of haunted houses, shows, and other Halloween-related attractions.

Then a parade, consisting of a number of classic cars, rat rods, jeeps, trucks, and other miscellaneous vehicles, all decked out for halloween, winds through the park. The drivers are all made up like zombies, vampires, and various other creatures.

This year, I've been fortunate enough to participate every Friday and Saturday (in previous years, I only attended a handful of times... a half-dozen at most, last year.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The reason is that he needs TWO drivers this year... One to drive the hearse:

And the other to drive this behind the hearse:

That's an 8HP riding lawnmower, with the mowing deck and linkages removed, and an actual casket mounted as the body.

We alternate driving the hearse and the coffin car. They coffin car driver shakes his fist at the hearse, yelling things like:

"Hey! You forgot me!"

"Open up! Let me in!"

"I'm gonna be late for my own funeral!"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a new suit for the occasion! (I lost 30 lbs. to fit into it!) OppoSuits.com ... It's called the "Bloody Harry".

And, I've been changing up my make up along the way:

A new coachman's hat has replaced the "party store" top had in the last 2 pics!

Only 2 more Haunts to go this year!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This week, I added a skull with glowing eyes mounted on the front of the Coffin Car. Used a $4 plastic skull from WalMart. Cut ping pong balls to fit over they eye sockets and act as diffusers. Used a common-cathode Red/Blue LED in each eye socket, and wired it so you can have either RED, BLUE or Both LEDs turned on. Both LEDs in each eye makes an eerie purple glow. I'll try to remember to take some pics next weekend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My makeup for the final 2 nights of Haunt:

Friday... I'd never done a devil before! The mustache is real (but sprayed black! My hair is also sprayed black) the beard and widow's peak are fake hair applied with liquid latex. The horns are from Spirit Halloween's devil kit (they are all that I used from that kit!) applied with liquid latex. The rest is just red and black face paint.

Saturday... I did a version of the skull face posted above. The mustache is covered with gelatin so that I could paint over it.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts