Halloween Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These books are so fun and easy to make. Check thrift stores and garage sales for old books. Look for old jewelry, belts, beads ect. The craft stores are good places to find lettering and stamps.

View attachment 208542

Here is the book I am going to alter

View attachment 208543

Next crumple some of the pages or ripped edge looks cool but takes forever

View attachment 208545

choose a color and paint the book, usually takes 2 coats

View attachment 208546

next water down a darker paint, I chose black and dab on all over to age it and make it look dirty

View attachment 208544

next is the fun part, I use a serrated steak knife. Scrape all the edges and cut off a corner, have fun and do as little or as much as you like

View attachment 208547

The edges look to light or some of the book color may show so I use the base color watered down and go over the edges.

View attachment 208548

I use these letters that look like dried glue that I found at a craft store. I use a permanent marker to color the letters before I remove them

View attachment 208549

choose a title for your book

View attachment 208550

Choose some fun ornaments. I used a gold skull that was part of a necklace and a little corked bottle from a craft store.

View attachment 208551

After hot glueing on the ornaments it still looked like it was missing something. I used a spiderweb stamp and black ink.

View attachment 208552

Finished book

View attachment 208553

The library is growing and I still have several more books I want to make. I want to make an open book next :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts