Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I haven't seen a thread for this in my searching... If it's out there, happy to follow a link, but I'm wanting to see how people have disguised their fog setup! If you have pics, I'd love to see what you've done to hide or fog machine/chiller, whether it's by building a crypt / mausoleum / headstone around it, or just painting it black to make it less visible, or strategically hiding it behind something... I'm just curious what people are doing!

Thanks!
Scott

·
Registered
668 Posts
I had mine just painted flat black. This year it will be inside my sunken pirate bow. Need to test out placement, and hose attachments to try for best effect still, so no pictures yet. If wind allows it on Halloween night, I'm hoping to shoot for projecting onto really low ground hugging fog to have the appearance of water.

·
Registered
172 Posts
In past years, we just put some creepy cloth over the large tub chiller we built. It worked, but still pretty noticeable.

This year I am planning to build a wooden crate around a large foam cooler to use as a chiller. The fog machine will be inside a building facade with a round port cut through so the fog machine can pump the fog into the wood crate chiller on the other side. That's the plan at least... :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I like that idea! I think that would make for a really cool effect. I like that you'd have easy access to the fog machine for maintenance on the other side of the façade. My original plan didn't allow for that, so that's good perspective :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just stash it behind a some tombstones and props. You can see my trashcan chiller behind the werewolf. Later in the night, it's pretty invisible.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pics Nightfisher! That looks really good! It's very convincing from the front :)

BarryJ - Even in that vid I had a hard time seeing your trashcan chiller, well done!

·
Registered
438 Posts
My fogger & chiller are painted flat black and I can hide them behind my front steps with just the output nozzle exposed. Previously, though, I just had it behind some bushes in front and had fog coming out from skull mouths. That's scrap 2x4's holding them. At night, you just see the skulls & fog.

Fog heads.jpg

·
Registered
162 Posts

This is my chiller. Fog pipes out on 3 sides. I just hide the fogger in the bushes and run some black corrugated tubing to the chiller.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ha - no, it was too long to fit. We hid it behind the printer and put a hose running up through it. Might not work for a cemetery scene though. :)
That's still pretty cool. Great for an office party :)

My fogger & chiller are painted flat black and I can hide them behind my front steps with just the output nozzle exposed. Previously, though, I just had it behind some bushes in front and had fog coming out from skull mouths. That's scrap 2x4's holding them. At night, you just see the skulls & fog.

View attachment 209062
That's pretty cool! I imagine it looks spooky at night since you can only see the skulls!

http://www.halloweenforum.com/attachments/member-introduction/186802d1384484640-just-another-member-20131019_162403.jpg

we just hid our up under the truck in this one, made for alot of people asking about our stranded skele!
That was funny! I like the posing on the skeleton. Might have to try something like that in the driveway on halloween night... Make it look like a smoked out abandoned vehicle.

This is my chiller. Fog pipes out on 3 sides. I just hide the fogger in the bushes and run some black corrugated tubing to the chiller.
This is just AMAZING! How long did a setup like that take to build? I'd love to make something like that... I just don't know if I'm skilled enough to do it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
This is just AMAZING! How long did a setup like that take to build? I'd love to make something like that... I just don't know if I'm skilled enough to do it.
It's really not that hard. Took a few days off and on. Kinda like a tombstone, but a big box. It's all foam except the thin top piece is plywood for weight and the skull and hands. The inside is just your typical chiller with wire mesh and 4"PVC. Give it a try. I bet you can make one just as nice or better!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have hid mine behind bushes and behind props. I also hide one under my toe pincher coffin. My coffin is a pop up skelly and I have the top portion positioned off the ground propping it up using a storage container and then I camouflage the open area with spanish moss

1 - 18 of 18 Posts