Halloween Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not as high as you may think.

2008 figures on holiday spending by American consumers, from the National Retail Federation:

1. Winter holidays (Christmas), $470.4 billion.

2. Valentine's Day, $17.02 billion.

3. Mother's Day, $15.8 billion.

4. Easter, $14.44 billion.

5. Father's Day, $9.6 billion.

6. Halloween, $5.77 billion.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
According to the National Retail Federation,
The majority [of consumers] will spend the most on Easter meals ($41.09 on average). Consumers will also dish out an average of $23.82 for apparel, $21.42 for gifts, $18.12 on candy, $9.11 on flowers and $7.21 on decorations.
As for Halloween,
This year, consumers will spend an average of $24.17 on Halloween costumes (including costumes for adults, children, and pets). People will also be buying candy ($20.39 on average), decorations ($18.25) and greeting cards ($3.73).

·
Registered
459 Posts
halloween is gift giving time for me. my birthday is oct 2nd so i keep telling people when they ask what do you want for your birthday to just go down the halloween isle. so every year i buy myself a halloween decoration, though, i am in serious concern over this year. NOBODY has any halloween decorations yet. WTF? are they going to get some or is it just masks and candy this year?

·
Registered
699 Posts
I agree normally for my birthday which was Friday (18th) I go buy something for myself from the Halloween aisle at Walmart or from somewhere else. I'm so disgusted. I went to walmart and they have crap. Only costumes and party bowls and very limited party bowls at that . Heck they don't even have traditional halloween trick or treat pumpkin color of orange it's really ridiculous......... I was (still am) upset can u tell? :p

·
Grand Poobah
2,899 Posts
yep

The category is "consumer spending", not "decoration spending".
I realize that, I was pretty explicit that it makes sense Halloween is low on the list, since ALL of those other holidays are gift giving holidays, and Halloween is not.

I also stated that when looking at "decoration spending," HW is #2. That is all.

Halloween is the #1 candy giving Holiday. Halloween is the #2 beer holiday behind July 4th. You can find all types of angles to get HW higher rankings, just not total spending. ;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.