Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought it would be an interesting topic to find out just how far everyone has got so far, and to keep each other updated on how we are all doing. :D

What are you going as?

What have you got?

What have you still to get?

Any in progress pictures?

I hate to admit, but I am so far behind what I was planning to be! My FIRST piece has arrived.......and I have ordered my second.
I had decided just after last Halloween what I was going to be. I have saved several screencaps from the film as research, and will of course re-watch it for more details.

What are you going as? Tiffany, Bride of Chucky

What have you got?
My 'Tiff' necklace. The dress has been ordered, but not yet arrived.
(I already own a jacket I may end up using if I can't get hold of a better one)

The boots. Some lace to attach to the dress. fingerless gloves. Possibly a wig. Bits for make-up, but these are extremely easy to get hold of.

Any in progress pictures? None as of yet, but will keep you updated.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,651 Posts
ideas

I have a couple of ideas, but money may be a problem....as always these days! I have to buy plus size and those costumes are so darn hard to find. So I really don't know. I want something original myself, but what?:confused:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I am going as a somewhat androgynous Marquis de Sade.

I have finished my breeches, and my coat is 98% done. I also bought a cat-o-9-tails.

I still need to get fabric to make the shirt, get some white stockings, and some shoes.

No pics yet, but COMING SOON! :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
What are you going as? Making my variation of the Wraith stalk-about

What have you got? I have my head halfway under construction, and adding a waist strap to my back pack at the moment. Oh and I have 26 hrs into my skull for the head so far.

What have you still to get? To much fabric, have to make the hands. Will probably make out of canvas, stuff them, and MM them. The body structure. Neck joint, and linkages to my head, and arm joints. Everything will be hand made, I am not buying any already built items.

Any in progress pictures? Not posting pics till I start my thread

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,484 Posts
What are you going as?
A creepy doll

What have you got?
Nothing yet. I have the dress and wig picked out, but they are out of stock still on the website. I'm getting a blue dress with black lace on the collar/cuffs and a blond ringlet wig, and will be doing special makeup to do a pale doll face. I do have shoes already - black heeled mary janes.

Everything :rolleyes:

Not yet. :eek:

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
What are you going as?
Queen of Halloween:D

What have you got?
Purple dress ball gown type, shoes, makeup, Im doing my hair all funky I hope with lots of glitter in it and spiders all through my hair, oh and a crown I have to wear the crown

crown of course, some purple glitter spiders and black ones to to put in my hair and all over the dress. also may get some type of gloves, maybe long, not sure on that yet, and jewelry to pull the whole thing together

All i have is a pic of the dress, I was going to be the Evil queen of hearts but what I want to do with that costume I need time to work on it so since I have this fabulous ball gown I found for 9 bucks I thought Ill use that this year and be the evil queen next. Here is a pic of the gown I will be wearing

If you guys have any ideas to add to my costume I may have forgotten please feel free to let me know. I am always looking for some input:)

·
Registered
487 Posts
i love that dress omg.. i cant get enough of it!! lucky.... anyways... i got nothing.. im still trying to think of what im gonna be .. but i think i will end up as little evil red riding hood. For some reason i had set my sight on being that since early this year.. so i think i will have to follow through with it since i cant find anything else i would want to be. I will hopefully be making my costume. so i have to get everything! that only that that i have is some really cute red lolita heels that i got for $5.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Spookilicious, I love that dress! What a great find and what a great idea!....the Halloween Queen! Maybe you should add a scepter....maybe topped w/ a pumpkin or a bat. Just a thought!

I've decided to do Spock this year. I've done a female version of him before, many years ago, but I thought w/ the movie that came out, I'd reprise the role.

However, I haven't done much to get it ready. I already have the ear tips from the last time. I just need the shirt and I'll probably pair it with a black mini, fishnets and leather boots. Gonna sexy Spock up! :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
RedSonja, that sounds so fun! I have always loved it when ladies don't feel like they can't do a certain character because they happen to be male. And that is why I decided heck with it...I'm gonna be Marquis de Sade. I hope you post pics of your costume all put together! Spock is awesome, no matter what sex! hehe :)

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Spookilicious, I love that dress! What a great find and what a great idea!....the Halloween Queen! Maybe you should add a scepter....maybe topped w/ a pumpkin or a bat. Just a thought!

Oooooh I love this idea Redsonja!!! Thanks for the idea I will definately do something like that. I totally forgot about a scepter:) I also agree with MorbidMariah, I think you as Spock is an excellent idea, I cant wait to see the pics

·
Registered
17 Posts
What are you going as?

The Angel of Death (commercially known as the Winged Reaper)

What have you got?

Since I used this costume last year for our haunted trail, I've got the basics. I am modifying the wings to be stronger though. I made wings and a harness to allow me to extend my arm and articulate the wings from folded down, up to an angle of about 110* with a wingspan of about 15 feet. I had a couple of issues where the "feathers" got hung up in some bushes and caused the frame to bend. I did a temporary on-the-spot repair, but I am really beefing them up this year. The rest of the clothing portion of the costume is complete, though.

I am currently working on a new enhancement to my costume - stilts. I considered drywall stilts, but I did not want that much added height, and I believe they will probably squeak, which will detract from the character. Instead, I'm making a set of stilts using foamboard, deck planks, 1x3 poplar wood, and some old Jesus Cleets (strappy sandals). I'll get some pics posted when I'm done.

I am also considering changing my mask. I tried two different masks last year. First couple of days of the Trail I used a blackout mask with red, pulsating eyes underneath. Then I tried a rubber skeleton mask with bushy white hair. Most people said they liked the skeleton better, so I'm thinking of trying a latex prosthetic this time around.

Lastly, the Reaper's signature - the scythe. Last year, I used a copper-bowl tiki torch that I draped halloween cheesecloth, chains, and a couple of full-size foam skulls to. The skulls were bolted to the chains. I had a couple of booboos with the torch though (yes, I was carrying around real fire). First booboo was that the torch began to leak citronella from a pinhole in the side. I didn't realize it for a couple of hours. My hands were naturally sweaty from the gloves I was wearing, so the dampness didn't bother me. What concerned me was the fact that the glove that was on the hand I was holding the torcch with was, literally, falling apart. The rubber would tear at the slightest bit of tension. Then the burn of the citronella soaking on my skin began.
The second booboo, and you saw it coming, was managing to catch one of my feathers on fire. LOL

This year, I'm making a "real" scythe. I got a 27" scythe blade off ebay for $20 shipped. It's old and rusted, which works for me. I'll clean it off , make sure it is dull, and attach it to an 8' pole. I'm either going to use a wooden curtain rod from Home Depot or a piece of 1 1/4" pine dowel, if it's diameter is large enough for me to clamp the blade onto.

·
Registered
712 Posts
What am I going as? Well after the posts on stalkarounds I am changing my whole costume idea!
I want to do something similar to Indevas Frankensteins monster, the wife will be Frankensteins Bride and we should have four little mad scientists running around like crazy.

So far I have a Mask and some football pads,

I still have a ton of stuff to get and create.

No pics yet ):

·
Registered
369 Posts
Okay, I think I figured out my costume. I think I'm going to go to my event this year as Holly Golightly, and hubby is going as a 20's gangster. Not sure about the munchkin yet!

LOVE the Queen of Halloween idea! I may have to "borrow" that in a future year!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
What are you going as?
A loose representation of The Lady of Mictlan (in Aztec culture, she was the goddess of death) as my theme this year is Dia de los Muertos and she is said to be the goddess that oversees the celebrations of the Day of the Dead. This will involve skull make up for the face and as close to a traditional Mexican dress as I can make. For my hair I have asked someone else to make my synth dreads this year to save me a bit of work as I'm moving house, so I will have purple and pink hair with orange, green and aqua accents. I will be piling it up on top of my head and putting orange flowers and purple butterflies in it.

What have you got?
So far I only have the shoes I'm going to wear, some plain purple sandals, and the make up.

Fabric to make the dress (or a dress if I find a suitable one), the dreads, the butterflies and I need to make the flowers for my hair.

Not yet I'm afraid - but soon! ;)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
What are you going as? The Vampire Lestat

What have you got?

Golden Brocade French Aristocrat coat, vest & tight knee breeches
White powdered wig with large bow
Colonial silk stockings
Black shoes
Black vampire cape lined with red satin
Ruby vampire amulet for around the neck
A set of fangs.
Makeup: Bright red lipstick, white face cream & powder, dark eye liner & eye shadow

What do I need

Buckles for shoes
A lot of practice on the makeup

Progress on photos.

Will do a photoshoot in about two weeks hopefully

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a couple of ideas, but money may be a problem....as always these days! I have to buy plus size and those costumes are so darn hard to find. So I really don't know. I want something original myself, but what?:confused:
I had a similar problem last year ... May I suggest something like this???

I didn't have the money to buy a full costume last year... and I had several places I needed a costume for ... work, an outdoor party @ my sister's and my own party. I did something similar for each, but to varying degrees .

At my sister's party, I just wore regular clothes, and added cobwebs and used spirit gum to stick a few spiders on my forehead... It was very suttle, and perfect for that crowd. Tammy Lane's Photos | Facebook

At work, I did the cobweb/spider thing, with black pants and an orange top. I had a lot more cobwebs and spiders... on my arms it looked really cool. Tammy Lane's Photos | Facebook

For my party, it was the same as work, except I wore a wig and made my face white.... this isn't the greatest picture, because it was fairly into the evening, and I'd already removed some webs/spiders. Tammy Lane's Photos | Facebook

·
Registered
442 Posts
I bought the playbunny costume last year after halloween clearance..so i just need tights and of course the white high-heel maryjanes..but then i was just think how cool would it b to b micheal myers...as a girl...noone would ever guess..unless i take off my mask!!!Lmao!

·
Registered
808 Posts

Oooooh I love this idea Redsonja!!! Thanks for the idea I will definately do something like that. I totally forgot about a scepter:) I also agree with MorbidMariah, I think you as Spock is an excellent idea, I cant wait to see the pics
Glad you liked the idea of the scepter! I can't wait to see it all together! It's gonna be great!!

As for Spock....I'm debating on going the extreme route w/ the eyebrows like I did the first time. When I did the character then, I shaved half my eyebrows and then drew the rest in, in that high angle (that's so sexy, I think!) They looked very realistic and the hair grew back fairly quickly! But I'm kinda nervous about doing it now, since I actually work now and have to have eyebrows!! ha-ha

·
Registered
329 Posts
As for Spock....I'm debating on going the extreme route w/ the eyebrows like I did the first time. When I did the character then, I shaved half my eyebrows and then drew the rest in, in that high angle (that's so sexy, I think!) They looked very realistic and the hair grew back fairly quickly! But I'm kinda nervous about doing it now, since I actually work now and have to have eyebrows!! ha-ha
I have friends who shave their eyebrows off completely and draw them back on all the time! I'm sure you would be okay filling half of them in ;) I say go for it!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yes, Magick, I suppose you're right. It's only hair, it'll grow back!! :)

1 - 20 of 176 Posts