Halloween Forum banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
dropped down to the 30s so far heading to the 20s and high winds,and half my electric has gone out.They would have to be candy desperate to walk in this tonight.But at least it stopped raining.Guess I'll have plenty of new props for next year.

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
946 Posts
HIgh winds, light flurries....none of my good decor (Headless Horseman, Fogging Basement Doors, etc.) are out. So depressing :(

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,441 Posts
High winds, some rain, & under a tornado watch.

Lived in MD all my 52 years & the weather has run the gamut. From cold temps, to high temps, rain, always windy but I don't EVER recall there being a tornado watch on Halloween.

So at 7PM before the literal storm hits I'm taking in the little bit I put out.

Then Georgie, Pennywise, the Gill Man & my husband are all going to have some corn chowder & watch Hammer flicks if the weather allows us to.

What's so crazy is that I spent most of the day putting out about 20 fakekins & a few other things (the It stuff in our culvert) which is exactly the same amount of time I would've spent if I put it ALL out!

Could someone please explain that to me!?!?!o_O

·
Registered
49 Posts
Rain earlier today, now we've got high winds and tornado warnings. We shut down our yard around 7:30 and a lot of people had their kids trick or treat on the early side. Got all of my props indoors, now I'm just hoping that our power stays on and we don't get any big tree branches down.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It poured here with about 1.5 inches of rain. The funny thing is 300 people showed up just to see my display. It was mostly garage and they were drenched as I was setting off pnuematics. I used about 15 out of 30 so it took me 6 hours to setup. It was a great turnout considering.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,441 Posts
We had a total of 9 trick or treaters.

Now, we don't get hundreds, but even on a school nite we usually get 20-30, so even though the really bad weather didn't hit until around 8 it kept folks in.

And at some point during set up we heard some glass breaking inside. We have 2 cats who I call The Furry Ruiner Bros. for good reason. Well neither of them headed for the hills which is their usual modus operandi when something breaks because it's usually their fault.

They were both in sight & didn't run & hide so I know it wasn't something they ruined.

So we just went about out business & thought it was part of the noise coming from whatever we were projecting on the window.

Then I go back into the spare room & see one of the small Wiccan Lace Halloween appetizer plates I USED to have up on the wall, in a bunch of pieces on the floor. It was the haunted house one out of this group:

I feel like that was the first nail in the proverbial coffin of this Halloween. Someone or something was telling us that this was not our year for haunting.

Oh well, there's always next year & next year it's on a Saturday!

121 - 136 of 136 Posts