Halloween Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I copied the sound from my edited projections to ITunes & have files on my IPod. I bought a small clip-on Altec Lansing bluetooth speaker from QVC in 2018 that was on clearance & was impressed with the sound & it was also waterproof. Last Black Friday, they had the same brand but the "Lifejacket" much larger on sale (think it was $80 off) & bought 2 for me & also 1 for each Sister. Had to get up at 4am & only saw 1 on the shelf (was there 2 days prior & there were quite a few) & guy was looking at it (they were corded up so you couldn't pick it up). I was so depressed but the guy walked away & I stood next to it hoping a worker would ask me for help (I didn't want to leave it). Guy returned with a clerk & then she said "Oh, there's more over here" & there were 5 more on an end cap. Guy got his 1 & I got my 4. Made my fricken day!!!!

You can link them together so I can put 1 in each side yard so they work simultaneously. They show that they float in a pool but I wouldn't trust that but are waterproof. Can't wait to use them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a pair of pro speakers that I use to fill the area, the speakers are separated as far apart as possible, it fills the area with background music perfectly. It I also have my main effect triggered by a remote running through the same speakers. I have it connected to a mixer with a "ducking" feature. When the music starts playing on the effect, it automatically mutes the background music. Once the music from the effect is completed, it will un-mute the background music. All of my props that have audio have a speaker each to them, those are cheap outdoor speakers with brackets mounted to them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am not a Techky at all.
I am not a music person, and the only thing that I ever listen to on the radio is Sports.
So......adding scary sounds to our Grave Yard, is definitely out of my league, and have no idea......how to do it.
Since Cassete's went the way of the 8 Track.....and CD's are no longer popular.....I am at a total loss, as to what everyone is doing?
On this Forum, they talk about Sound Loops?
As if I have the slightest idea, as to what they are talking about. lol
Then a few of them use Shuttles for their Monster in the box props......once again, I am at a loss, as to how the whole thing works.
They KNOW.....what they are working with and how it works, which is Great for them.....Yet, NO ONE......does a very good job at taking us through the steps....of Recording or playing Sounds that are all over You Tube.
NO......I don't know how to use Lap Top in order to play Scary Sounds that I might find, out on You Tube.
Can someone.......tell us, EXACTLY how to do it.....Step By Step?
Being a Sound Technician is not in my DNA.
I have absolutely NO Knowledge at all....when it comes to Sound or playing Loops? LOL
Some Step by Step instructions would be much appreciated by a lot of us, I am sure.

Still a bit old school I bought a 5 disc CD player from the thrift store and used an old stereo amplifier. I bought three old speakers, also at the thrift store, as we do a haunted garage so they are protected and bought one outdoor speaker for the cemetery. I just play the Halloween cds and let the 5 disc unit run.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Still a bit old school I bought a 5 disc CD player from the thrift store and used an old stereo amplifier. I bought three old speakers, also at the thrift store, as we do a haunted garage so they are protected and bought one outdoor speaker for the cemetery. I just play the Halloween cds and let the 5 disc unit run.
By the Way, I downloaded a few CD'S by Midnight Syndicate.....Awesome background music!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I use a tailgate speaker, nice thing about it has a rechargeable battery built into it with a long play time.. Used to use an mp3 player with it. But this year just used my phone just had to watch how far I would wonder off. For music just used the Diablo 3 soundtrack from the collectors edition.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts