Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious how you guys are storing your various skeleton animals, like the Crazy Bonez cat, dog, bird.

I'm half tempted to throw out the cardboard boxes they come in and place all in a large storage tote (some don't have boxes anyway, others like CVS' Kitty Bonez, have boxes that are open anyway). My hesitation is that the plastic bones like around the rib cage might get bent during storage if there's another animal laying on top of it. What's been your experience?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have the large grandin road dog, their bulldog, and their small skelly dog. I have several bone crows, and 2 bone cats.

The only animal I have had breakage issues with is the cat. I received a skele cat from target that was in pieces.

I have kept them in their original boxing, but wouldn't put anything heavy on them. They are so nice, they deserve VIP treatment.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
My bird (which has a green flickerLED mounted in the ribcage) is mounted on the hand of a tomato cage ground breaker. The hand will come off and store inside the tomato cage. So does the skull.

EDIT: On aside note, the Target skeletons seem to be pretty damned cheaply made this year. Between all the adult, child, dog, cat, and bird skeletons in one local store, the bird I bought was the only one in the store that was not broken.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My bird (which has a green flickerLED mounted in the ribcage) is mounted on the hand of a tomato cage ground breaker. The hand will come off and store inside the tomato cage. So does the skull.

EDIT: On aside note, the Target skeletons seem to be pretty damned cheaply made this year. Between all the adult, child, dog, cat, and bird skeletons in one local store, the bird I bought was the only one in the store that was not broken.
That is such a let down, isn't it? I almost died when my cat was in bite sized pieces. The grandin road bone animals seem very well made.

My crows came for target and they were all fine. The cat skelly has littler bones than the crow.

I bet the green light sets the crow off well.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I only stored the GR dog and it was in a plastic tote with other lighter items. It was fine. I bought a target cat this year, after reading these posts I'm paranoid about it! I'll keep it with the dog in their own tote.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts