Halloween Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Personally, I just don't build anything until I know where it's going to live (or if it's going to be a one-and-done prop).

Often, where and / or how the prop will be stored becomes an integral part of the design. It influences the dimensions, the mounting concept for outdoors (on display) and indoors (in storage).

If it doesn't have a home when that year is over, it has to be deconstructed and turned into something else, given away, etc.

Basically, I just think everything has to have a home before construction begins. For example, this is one side of the shop on November 1st....everyone back in their spots, and waiting patiently for next year:

View attachment 757624
I am in Awe!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put together a YouTube video of my storage attic, trying to figure out how to attach it, any help?
Love seeing others storage area, amazing how organized they are. Agree with the comment on carbdoard boxes, we cannot store anything for long in cardboard, we put everything in storage, in plastic containers.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I store my stuff four different ways: some props are part of year round yard decoration (12 ft skeleton latest addition); some of the larger (eg Home Depot horse) or awkward shaped props (eg cemetery obelisk) are tucked away under trees in corner of yard; number of storage crates under the porch of a neighboring house; and life size figures and weather sensitive stuff go in basement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I store my stuff four different ways: some props are part of year round yard decoration (12 ft skeleton latest addition); some of the larger (eg Home Depot horse) or awkward shaped props (eg cemetery obelisk) are tucked away under trees in corner of yard; number of storage crates under the porch of a neighboring house; and life size figures and weather sensitive stuff go in basement.

Those skeletons don't look very comfortable....just saying.
This is our first year with our 12 foot skeleton, will be dressing him as Santa for Christmas, would be interested in seeing what you have done with him for the holidays. We are still undecided how to store him for the summer as it gets very hot here. We are considering taking him apart at the hips for storage.
Our horse rests on our back porch, which gets enclosed for hurricane season.
Property Interior design Textile Building Wood

·
Registered
236 Posts
Those skeletons don't look very comfortable....just saying.
This is our first year with our 12 foot skeleton, will be dressing him as Santa for Christmas, would be interested in seeing what you have done with him for the holidays. We are still undecided how to store him for the summer as it gets very hot here. We are considering taking him apart at the hips for storage.
Our horse rests on our back porch, which gets enclosed for hurricane season.
View attachment 757841
My first year with the Skelly as well. I ordered a Santa hat and scarf for him. Will post pics.

Also I’m nearly done with a creepy/fantasy Xmas scene (which is first time for me). I will post pics when it’s all put together next weekend

41 - 46 of 46 Posts