Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Great stuff would be my first choice. I have been "gluing" styrofoam together with it for a while.
Apply it to one part, stick the parts together, use a couple of pieces cut from a coat hanger or other stiff wire to hold the parts in position if you can.
Like toothpicks holding a sandwich together. Once or twice before it dries press the parts together in case the foam has expanded, this flattens the bubbles.
Also wipe off any excess you may have coming out the side (from putting too much inside), or wait until it is harder and cut it off.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well, you *could* use the wooden skewers or that expanding foam.... but if you really want to make it last... Metal weld it.

;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Halloween is getting close and I'm getting stressed and excited all at the same time ---- and I've lost the ability to control what comes out of my mouth (fingers). LOL

·
Registered
361 Posts
How would Great Stuff due to glue slices of foam nerf darts to a pool noodle? I am making a tentacle. I tried silicon sealant and it did not do well.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
How would Great Stuff due to glue slices of foam nerf darts to a pool noodle? I am making a tentacle. I tried silicon sealant and it did not do well.
I can't remember the brand name, but I really like the spray adhesive for rigid foam insulation. It doesn't expand like great stuff and isn't near as messy.

I have to say...that is a pretty clever idea!

·
Registered
361 Posts
(How would Great Stuff due to glue slices of foam nerf darts to a pool noodle? I am making a tentacle. I tried silicon sealant and it did not do well.)
I can't remember the brand name, but I really like the spray adhesive for rigid foam insulation. It doesn't expand like great stuff and isn't near as messy.

I have to say...that is a pretty clever idea!
I have two sizes of pool noodle that I bought from Sport's Authority. The skinner one fits snugly inside the opening of the larger one. I have shaved the larger noodle to taper down to the skinner tube. At Target, I found two different size nerf darts. One is the about the thickness of my pinkie, the other is around the diameter of a nickel or so. I have the larger dart slices on the larger diameter noodle, and the smaller nerf dart slices on the skinnier pool noodle. The great stuff expanding foam was quite messy. I did not finish, so the sprayer can may be glued shut. I bought some Gorilla glue I may try. I will look for the spray adhesive you are talking about.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Sounds cool. Not sure if this helps, but we used Liquid Nails for foam to attach sections of plumbing PVC pipe to both foam & bead-type styrofoam to good effect. It was around $3.50 at Lowes. Good luck - do post up pics when it's done!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts