Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where you organize your thoughts, ideas, and plans for your parties? (Guests, decorations, room themes and details, food, etc.)

I'm not sure the best way to get everything out of my brain and organized somehow!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I keep a word file that contains the basics (menu, ongoing projects, etc). I also keep an excel file of the guest list. I mark whether or not the people came to the party. That way I can refer to it when planning following year and see what our guest count was and who was invited. I also like to mix up the menu so having a record of past menus is nice.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Organize......LMBO!!!!! THAT is a good one :) Here and there and everywhere, both computers have so many Halloween pic ideas that Im suprised they havent crashed (Id die) half finished projects.... speaking of... wonder what I did with that......

·
Registered
301 Posts
Binder

Last year, I got a 2 inch binder and filled it with blank typing paper. Printed off the pics that I really loved, used a glue stick to paste onto the blank pages, sometimes with typed how to instructions as well. Then you can sub divide the binder with different tabs, separate into themes, etc and put everything where it needs to be. Was a big help for my last years theme. Haven't yet done it for this year, but I need to soon.

HTH
Kaye

PS- I also created an album on here last year with other people's props and ideas that I liked so that I could have all the pics in one place as well.

·
Registered
334 Posts
What I have been meaning to do... still have yet, is to burn a copy of my computer Halloween folders and keep them in a disk folder. I would put all the computer photos into folders, then burn each folder on a separate disk that way when I was looking for something specific I could just take out the disk that goes with want I’m looking for.... did that make any since????? SOMEDAY LOL

·
Registered
670 Posts
Where you organize your thoughts, ideas, and plans for your parties? (Guests, decorations, room themes and details, food, etc.)

I'm not sure the best way to get everything out of my brain and organized somehow![/QUOTE
I too keep everything in a word document. Menu, invites, ideas, etc. There are so many thoughts to keep up with. If you make note of them, it's so much easier to keep track!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,305 Posts
I keep track by computer, by notes in a paper notebook and a ton of post-it notes. :eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use my computer as well and I do have a binder that I draw ideas in and will sketch the yard how I think I want it to be set up. I really need to do the sketch this year as I want more of a walk through graveyard this year. Without people really walking through. I really need to decide what kind of set up I will be doing this year.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I start thinking of Halloween so early in the year, I start writing stuff down in a notebook so I will remember when I start putting things together in Sept. I pretty much keep a file on my computer and keep a notebook handy solely for the purpose of Halloween stuff. What I find hard is remembering on this forum where I see really cool recipes, pics or ideas. If I don't write it down, it's almost impossible to remember where on here I saw them.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
2 halloween folders, one for all my ideas for props and decorations and my current to do list, and one for all my supplies contacts.Starting this year i will also have a notebook of all my props and how they all go together.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been writing things on paper, but hoped someone had a database or some online party planner thing (like the knot, only for non-weddings).

Thanks!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I'm thinking seriously of trying to get a binder togeather and start getting everything organized for now mostly I just save things on the computer and can never ever seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. I even have been debating cutting out ideas from my halloween magazines but I'm paranoid about doing that since I am afraid I might regret it later.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have an excell spreadsheet with multiple pages: games, menu, guest list, shopping list, theme ideas, drink recipes, music etc... Then as I run across fun things during the year online, I can just copy and paste them into the document.

I like keeping track of everything I did the previous year so I know how to plan for this year. After the party is over I go back in and make notes regarding what went well and what didn't. It's really helped with the food shopping and prep. (now I know that a quadruple batch of chili is not necessary but we need twice as many meatballs)

It also has a different page for each year's guest list. Our party is getting to capacity, so if you don't RSVP for two year's... you are off the list!

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
I'm thinking seriously of trying to get a binder togeather and start getting everything organized for now mostly I just save things on the computer and can never ever seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. I even have been debating cutting out ideas from my halloween magazines but I'm paranoid about doing that since I am afraid I might regret it later.
You sound like me! Not sure if you have access to a copier, but what I do is copy the pages in the magazine I like for my binder. Then my magazine is still in tact, plus the data from the magazine (name, edition, etc) is usually on the page I copied, and it makes it easier for me to go back and look up the original if I need to.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I keep a word document with different headings followed by bullets. Headings: Random thoughts & ideas, Websites & Links, Decorating Plans/Themes, To-Do List, and Shopping List.

I have another word document in an address label format that I keep the guest list. Once the list is done I print the labels & stick them on the invites.

Finally I have a folder in My Documents where I save various pictures I've downloaded.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
I'm working on my second notebook. I keep records similar to Hazbabu, with party themes, food, guests, decorations. And then I go back after the party and make notes about what worked and what didn't. I keep each year separated by tabs. I'm just not computer savvy enough to do spread sheets and such, but my memory is not good enough to carry me from year to year, either :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts