Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that lots of you guys keep your displays out for the entire month of October, so my question is how do you stop rain getting to your wire connections on your motors and how do you cover extension cords ????

This may be a little unclear so just ask if you want me to be more specific.

Thanks

Phil :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Surely someone has an idea ????? Please any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Thanks

·
crossfit zombie
7,495 Posts
I don't cover my extension cords.I don't do anything with props that are made out of reindeer motors.I bring all my other store bought animatronics in everynight around 10 and take them out if it's nice around 4.That goes for the fogger to.I spend around 25 min each time carring out setting up and bringing inside.It's a pain but worth my piece of mind.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I usually enclose my motorized stuff in housings - and where not possible, I try to at least shield them a bit. Don't try sealing your extension cords - just be sure to use the outdoor rated ones (you can find lawn/patio 40ft cords for ~$5-~$6 at walmart - just look carefully and match the SKU numbers).
If you seal those, that may actually speed up the corrosion, as some moisture may still get in & will be trapped. (like the plastic bag trick - not worth the attempt)
As far as equipment (fog machines / lights) if it's not covered or enclosed, it comes in or on the porch...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so im gonna get some outdoor extension cords and i will try housing the motors.

Thanks guys, your life savers ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts