Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
5,479 Posts
Two things make it easier: a DVR and little girls.

Our girls have a bedtime of 7ish. So, everyone gets home from school and work, we have family time, do homework, make dinner, etc. We are usually at the dinner table around 6:15pm. We have dinner as a family, then the younger girls take a bath while our older daughter helps clean up. After bath time, it's pajamas and story time, after that, it's lights out!

My wife and I record our shows on the DVR, and watch them when we can. It's great because we can set the recorder a week or two in advance, and watch when we have time.

Now, how do I fit in projects? After the girls are in bed, I get my projects out. If it's a small project, I just carry it around on my project board, and use the coffee table to do my work (while watching tv). If it's a big project, then I'm out in the garage listening to the radio.

On the weekends, I sometimes get up early (before the girls) and go out to the garage to get some work done. Usually its things like adding a coat of paint or sealent. I have about an hour to get something done, then set the girls up with breakfast and disney channel.

The other prong of my approach is having fun projects that my daughters can help me with. Why make one paper mache pumpkin when I my little helpers can triple the work output! ;)

5,479 Posts
The being organized comment is dead on, you have to have all your tools and supplies ready. As i am working i keep a supply journal with me and when i am running low on a supply or think of something i need for a prop i make a note so i can pick it up. Just keep at it and never stop and you will succeed.
That's a really good idea. Thanks!

5,479 Posts
My biggest problem is trying to decide what project to do? The more time I spend on this site, the more things I really want to do or try. It's getting very difficult for me to decide WHAT I want to do next.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.