Halloween Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work full time and have two kids (three if you count my husband) and a dog. I know I am not the only working mother out there. My question is how does everyone else get everything done? Am I just not organized? I am getting so frustrated. There is so much I want to do and the only time I really get anything done is when we have our monthly make & take meetings. After our meeting is over my project usually just sets there until the next month.

If I work on Halloween projects the laundry doesn't get done or the house doesn't get cleaned. If I keep up with housework the Halloween props never get finished. It is a vicious cycle! Birthday parties to attend or to give, school functions, sports, grocery shopping all get in the way of Halloweening.

I see so many great props being created and I know I could create a lot of nice props...I just need to find the time! I actually thought I had great time management skills until I really started getting into Halloween as a hobby!

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like it's time for your husband to clean around the house and do laundry..or he needs to help you with the Halloween projects.
lol! Sometimes I think my husband makes more of a mess by "helping" than by not helping! I would love it if he were as in to Halloween as I am. I think I am secretly converting him to the darkside. He did mention that he would like to build a horse drawn hearse this year, but I'm not holding my breath! :)

As i am working i keep a supply journal with me and when i am running low on a supply or think of something i need for a prop i make a note so i can pick it up.
I think this is a great idea. I have a binder full of project ideas, but it is a huge 3-ring binder and is cumbersome to carry around. I think I'll get a smaller notebook on my work table for this.

Thanks for all the ideas! Keep them coming!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.