Halloween Forum banner

How do you do it all?

1459 Views 18 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Haunted Ship
I work full time and have two kids (three if you count my husband) and a dog. I know I am not the only working mother out there. My question is how does everyone else get everything done? Am I just not organized? I am getting so frustrated. There is so much I want to do and the only time I really get anything done is when we have our monthly make & take meetings. After our meeting is over my project usually just sets there until the next month.

If I work on Halloween projects the laundry doesn't get done or the house doesn't get cleaned. If I keep up with housework the Halloween props never get finished. It is a vicious cycle! Birthday parties to attend or to give, school functions, sports, grocery shopping all get in the way of Halloweening.

I see so many great props being created and I know I could create a lot of nice props...I just need to find the time! I actually thought I had great time management skills until I really started getting into Halloween as a hobby!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
412 Posts
I learned this a few years back... work all year long. I start projects in January so I can take my time, enjoy what I am doing and not be so rushed in September, October.

Short of that... set expectations that are actually do-able. If you work on a ton of projects and only finish a handful then you will just be frustrated.

It's all about having fun.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.