Halloween Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Last year I had a problem with kids and parents walking on my lawn to touch my props. As a result a few of them were damanged.

So this year I'm putting up a fence, a large one. pics to be added later

But I was curious if anyone else had this problem and what they did to resolve it?
I had the same problem. I built a cemetery fence and it works well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would like to see pics of the fences. I have seen the pvc and wood fence quite a bit on this forum, but I wonder what other styles there are to keep the TOTers out.

I put up a small chain fence, it is just enough to keep people out. I need to put up something a bit bigger, but not too big to store. I would need about 100'.

Up my walkway I have the several sets of skull lights to keep kids from cutting through that section of the graveyard.

I love to hear all the solutions people have come up with!
I use lighted foam pillars about 12 feet apart and hang plastic chain between them. I also space ground objects near each mid span to let people know not to walk there. On some years I hang special information or arrows on day-glo poster board protected in sleeves. BIG arrows and little info. People don't read much but they react to arrows.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I had the same problem with people cutting through my yard, especially when I had fog machines going. I put a temporary fence across the front. Then I just run something similar to police tape but with a Halloween theme around the other sides. It worked well for me. I would buy my Halloween caution tape at the dollar store and just throw it away when I was done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Every year I have conduit cut to about 3 and 1/2 ft, I have an auger drill bit that I drill holes to sink them in. (Texas clay) I cut 4" lengths of pool noodles (orange) push them on top, cut a slit on the top of the pool noodle and slip strings of led lights in the slit which makes a 'fence'. Easy to put up and take down. I do the same for Christmas but use red and green pool noodle toppers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Every year I have conduit cut to about 3 and 1/2 ft, I have an auger drill bit that I drill holes to sink them in. (Texas clay) I cut 4" lengths of pool noodles (orange) push them on top, cut a slit on the top of the pool noodle and slip strings of led lights in the slit which makes a 'fence'. Easy to put up and take down. I do the same for Christmas but use red and green pool noodle toppers.
note: I usually have to fatten up the tops of the conduit with tape so the pool noodles stay tight.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts