Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not your yard .. But the house it's self.

To me getting the actual.house to be congruent and jive with the Halloween theme can be hard.

Anyone have pics they'd love to share of their homes on Halloween?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I agree that decorating the house & having it tie-in with the yard is tough. I have a lot of ideas for it, but they aren't always possible because we have an open-house event for friends & family on Halloween that means that the front door area & walkway see a lot of traffic. One day I'd like to put faux boards across the windows, and I have eventual plans for our house to have shutters & windowboxes, so I'll decorate those in some way too.

For now, we do have a pretty good solution (I think) for the front of our house that's easy to do, but it doesn't necessarily tie in to our overall yard display. We have a wood cutout of a witch and we put one of the blue/purple fire & ice type lights on her and it projects a big shadow on the front of our house.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jenn&Matt .. What a neat idea to play with shadows. Love your witch .. Very cool. Our house would be considered a 'cute' cottage type of house and it's painted sunny yellow. I struggle with getting it to be menacing or even really fit in with the yard decorations.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't know if you call what we do decorating but we cover the house in landscaping fabric so it fades away and gives a nice back drop to our props.
IMG_20131031_174241-1.jpg

IMG_20131026_175739.jpg

Sometimes I cover the bushes that are on the side of our front yard with cobwebs and spiders to give it a spooky look.

IMG_20131031_174209.jpg

·
Registered
561 Posts
While I'm still in apartment life, my parents have these two blow-ups that they put in their yard (pictures from internet of what we have).

New this year - I'm excited to see how tall it actually is!
78726_1000x1000.jpg

It makes sound and everything!
c2326e32c694b26d9a8efbc747c56d27.jpg

Otherwise, not much else is done. I can't wait until I can get my own house one day! The neighborhood won't know what hit 'em! And hopefully it'll get me some trick-or-treaters.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome pics everyone! Thanks so much for taking the time to post them. Each idea is effective in it's own way and creatively solves the house feeling disconnected issue.

I messed with some fire and ice spot lights last night to light up the interior of the house .. Which might help .. At least at night time.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Well I'm in the UK, so many people completely ignore Halloween, let alone decorating the front of the house. I always attempt to do something but compared to other posters on here It's positively primitive. :D

I made the wreath myself from scratch.
love the wreath!!! i bet that grm reaper keeps the hooligans off your porch! lol

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well I'm in the UK, so many people completely ignore Halloween, let alone decorating the front of the house. I always attempt to do something but compared to other posters on here It's positively primitive. :D

I made the wreath myself from scratch.
Your porch looks great, especially that wreath!! You did an awesome job! Very nice! :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
With a short throw projector and some great minds on this site (check out Icepick"s posts regarding house mapping..Haunted neurons also has a post about projecting an old weathered facade) you can project a whole new look

1 - 20 of 63 Posts