Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you get in the Halloween spirit when it's 103 degrees outside?!!!... UGH. I'm having a really hard time with this. This is probably the only time of year I hate being a Texan! :) Boo!

·
Registered
149 Posts
First, I stock up on pumpkin spice or mulled cider candles.....keep those babies lit! Then I pop in a scary movie, while I'm surrounded by all my decorations that need to be hung, painted, tweaked...and when I do chores or I'm at work, I listen to my pandora halloween station...

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
I love the ideas so far. To be honest, I can't get in the mood to decorate until we have our first fall-like day. Usually in late September. That doesn't mean I'm not in the Halloween mood though.. I've already purchased a few candles and other odds and ends for decorating. I've also started watching Goosebumps and a few others just to keep the mood going. Right now I'm using my energy towards taking my existing decor down and cleaning. When the day comes that says "on your mark, get set, GO!" I get up early, start a crock pot dinner, get coffee going and finally putting in my most cherished movie... Hocus Pocus. I don't think there is a day that I'm any happier than the first day of Halloween decorating :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
First, I stock up on pumpkin spice or mulled cider candles.....keep those babies lit! Then I pop in a scary movie, while I'm surrounded by all my decorations that need to be hung, painted, tweaked...and when I do chores or I'm at work, I listen to my pandora halloween station...
What pandora halloween station do you listen to? I can never find one!

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
the taste of hot apple cider, the chill in the air, damp earth and the crunching of multicolored leaves under you feet, the scent of pumpkin bread baking in your oven...

·
Registered
706 Posts
Our summer this year was so weird, I was in the mood for Halloween about two or three weeks ago. Now it's all hot and humid again - gross. Definitely not the time to be digging around in the storage building looking for the fog machines like I did this afternoon, when it was 99 or 100 out.

But about this time every year, right before Labor Day, the inspiration hits me like a ton of lead bricks and I don't really think about much else until about the first week of November. Something in me just goes "fall is coming!" and I get all creative and inspired. Two months of scheming and plotting and planning and building, fixing, improving, revising... There is no off switch.

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,114 Posts
I can totally sympathize...central Florida in late August is not 'fall like' in any way, shape, or form. 95 degrees and 75% humidity does not do it at all. :)

Honestly, I come to the forum to help move things along. I also do little things like pick up pumpkin scented candles, or pull out a bin full of bones, or two. Simply having some of the things out where I can see them can have a real positive impact.

I've also watched NBC like 5 times this month....if that movie doesn't get me in the right frame of mind, I know I'm in trouble.
:cool:

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,492 Posts
How do you get in the Halloween spirit when it's 103 degrees outside?!!!... UGH. I'm having a really hard time with this. This is probably the only time of year I hate being a Texan! :) Boo!
We've been baking up here too which is not uncommon for late August/early Sept. The forecast is calling for a cool down next week. I can't get motivated to work on anything in this heat, but once it cools off I have several little things to work on. Fall is right around the corner though so I'm not letting it bug me!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I know how you feel, here in Florida it is still hot, humid and the worst of hurricane season is still to come. I bought a candle last weekend at HomeGoods called pumpkin brûlée that I've been lighting all week. Hocus Pocus is a good idea!

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
Air conditioning. That's how I deal.

I try not to go outside much in the summer time anyway. It's way too hot and humid around here, even into September. We've actually had a very mild summer, with a lot of really pretty days, but afterwards it always vaults back up to 99-101 again.

So I crank the AC, keep the blinds and some of the curtains closed to help reduce heat, light a pumpkin spice or cinnamon apple candle, and ignore the sweltering heat outside as best I can.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Make your theme Hell on earth.

I switched to Spotify instead of Pandora. Free download and you can listen to anything you want! The PC version is great but the mobile version is different.

·
Registered
391 Posts
It's very hard to get in the mood here, because its usually warm enough to still use A/C for Thanksgiving, let alone Halloween. I sweat my butt off putting up Halloween display in the garage the few days, and day of, Halloween. I miss fall, what I consider real fall that is, tremendously. I don't really have anything that gets me in the mood other than I refuse to not have Halloween a part of my life so I suffer through the heat and enjoy my holiday.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I feel your pain, as I am just a bit west of you. I think the unusually mild summer we had makes this normal heat that much harder to take. But Monday is supposed to bring a little relief I think - temps in the low 90's! :D

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, madame, you're right...we're supposed to have a "cool front" next week! Ha! The 90's will almost feel good! Yeah, and I think that fairly nice weather we had so far this summer is causing us to pay the price now. So much for wishful thinking!

Thanks for the tips everyone! I have started to listen to TNBC and it has helped a lot! Also, it didn't help that I couldn't decide on a costume, and still not dead set, but getting close. I'm determined to have to decided by tomorrow! For me, this definitely a late start to my H-ween season. By now I should be finishing up my costume, not still thinking about what to be! Tomorrow I think I'll do a little shopping in some nice air conditioned stores, to get me in the mood. :)

Ps...I listen to Halloween Radio, I think it's so much better than Pandora and all that jazz...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts