Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a tutorial on how to make fake intestines?
I want to hang intestines along side other body parts in my butcher shop. I found some on the internet but the prop is $60.

I thought of using nylon stockings and filling it with great foam or something. Then painting everything.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
You are on the right track! I have used nylons, filled with polyfiber (pillow stuffing). I then coat it with latex. Then just paint and you are good to go. I have also used fishing line tied in rings, 2" apart, around the portion representing the large intestine, in order to give it its distinctive appearance. Then latex, paint, etc.

Yes, it is gross, but after the latex and paint dry, try tearing a small hole in the large intestine. Paint the fiber fill in the hole brown to represent...well, you know. Just don't overdo the doo.

Eric

·
Registered
22 Posts
unless you want it plyable you can pickup a can of foam at the hardware store for about 3 bucks and spray it out in loops i use it for brains and pumping guts but it drys stiff like styrofoam

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi Folks.

Here's what I used and is soooooooo easy. The pics shows one side of my pillar, I like the other (unseen side better).

[/IMG]

For your application, use Great Stuff and just goes back and forth slowly to make the piles/gut laid out like you want. Let dry 24 hours. Then hit it with Krylon black latex spray paint
, let that dry, then hit it with red latex spray. Now while the red it still wet, hit that lightly with black, and then a little red. It's a REALLY COOL effect! That's what's on my pillar.

-Doc

·
that dude ain't right
619 Posts
I used Great Stuff in a pile and then painted it red. Used a little black low-lights and a little purple to add a little more realism. In reality, the intestine is a tanish/pink color (don't ask me how I know this). You could use the purple to accent blood vessels. Mine was used for a cut in half prop. Looks good from 5 feet away.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey Doc that's one awesome pillar.

Hi Folks.

Here's what I used and is soooooooo easy. The pics shows one side of my pillar, I like the other (unseen side better).

[/IMG]

For your application, use Great Stuff and just goes back and forth slowly to make the piles/gut laid out like you want. Let dry 24 hours. Then hit it with Krylon black latex spray paint
, let that dry, then hit it with red latex spray. Now while the red it still wet, hit that lightly with black, and then a little red. It's a REALLY COOL effect! That's what's on my pillar.

-Doc

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I am going with Wolfbeard's idea.
Nylon stockings filled with polyfiber then painted with latex. I am going to hang body parts everywhere and I need them to be somewhat flexible and look halfway realistic. Tie off the upper and lower intestines with fishing line.
I will post some pics this weekend.
I have to get my wife to buy some stockings because I can't bring myself to do it. LOL
She doesn't wear them anymore so no old ones anywhere. My wife has great legs by the way!!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kammo
I really like the batcage you did.
I may have to do that. I have a few realistic hanging bats and and old decorative bird cage.
Great idea!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Guts recipe

The way I've seen them made is: Lay out a 6' long full width strip of clear plastic wrap and then use 6' of papertowels soaked in a red food coloring solution of water or Karo syrup but remember straight syrup will have a longer slower drip time AND it's shinier. Lay the wet paper towel on the clear wrap being sure to leave 3 or 4 inchs on either side of the clear wrap, so that it grabs itself when your finished rolling it and roll it up longways so you 6' of guts,then tie the ends off with thread and wherever else it needs it for effect. Kinda messy but oh so wet and juicy. Hope it works and sorry if this has been posted before.

·
Registered
39 Posts
well man you and i are in the same boat looking for how to's or what to use to make intestines. now i did come across something on youtube you may find interesting and more realistic.

you will need to find away to get your hands on a good amount of sausage casings and a few pounds of noodles and a pice of pvc pipeing to stuff the bloody cooked noodles into the casings. than to finish it all off use some fake blood or go to the cfx site and get some of their sil slime bllod and use it it looks better tham most fake blood in my opinion.

or just put some cooked noodles in a bag shake them up with some stage or edible blood and you got put them in a prop or on a platter and you got your self some good entrails thats actually one of the many props i use when working our haunted amusement park here in pittsburgh.

thanks for takeing the time to read my suggestion.

-the manor demon-

1 - 14 of 14 Posts