Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pyro
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

At the haunt I am working this year, I will be made up as a Zoltar character (the robotic genie in a box)... I want to look as authentic as possible, but I am not certain how to make my face have that plastic 'doll' look.

Do you have any recommendations on how to do this?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,773 Posts
You could do it with regular makeup. Something like this maybe? Highlighter will give you the "plastic shine" look you want.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There's a couple options to choose from here.
If you plan to use a theatrical makeup like a cream foundation and setting powder like the video linked above you can either apply several coats of glossy hairspray over the makeup until you achieve the desired gloss level or use Skin Illustrator Clear Gloss with an airbrush or sponge.
If you don't intend to use makeup, liberally apply aloe vera on your skin and let it dry. It will create a very shiny film on the surface of your skin.

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,153 Posts
There's a couple options to choose from here.
If you plan to use a theatrical makeup like a cream foundation and setting powder like the video linked above you can either apply several coats of glossy hairspray over the makeup until you achieve the desired gloss level or use Skin Illustrator Clear Gloss with an airbrush or sponge.
If you don't intend to use makeup, liberally apply aloe vera on your skin and let it dry. It will create a very shiny film on the surface of your skin.
Does the aloe vera crack on your skin when dry?

·
Registered
32 Posts
There are a few ways to do this. Kryolan makes a product just for this - maybe pricer than I'd spend for a haunt.
If you can airbrush an option would be a coat of ProAiir Clear Gloss over your makeup of choice. It will increase durabilty and it's easy - cheaper than Skin Illustrator (which is also a good option).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts