Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I had a Halloween game night last night! We had invited five people, but two (roommates) were unable to make it due to being ill. Lots of leftovers (ham sandwiches, mashed potatoes, meatballs, chips, pop - the chip dip and veggies all went, though!). As for the games, we played two games of Betrayal at House on the Hill and ended with Cards Against Humanity. My husband and I dressed as pirates. I had Halloween movies playing in the background all evening. I can't wait to have a house party next year!

How did your party go? :D
What did you do/what did you have going on? What were the costumes (costume contest winners?)? Lots of attendees? Menu? Anything funny/notable happen?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
My party was last night too. I think it went well, everyone loved the decorations, food etc. Some really great costumes. I gave out prizes for best male, female and couple. As usual I forgot to turn on a few things and I have a bunch of beer left that I will have to give away. My Cracker Barrell hovering ghost in the shower was a hit (I put the foot pedal under the rug). And the weather cooperated finally, cool and breezy. Fun but glad it is over.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My party was last night too. I think it went well, everyone loved the decorations, food etc. Some really great costumes. I gave out prizes for best male, female and couple. As usual I forgot to turn on a few things and I have a bunch of beer left that I will have to give away. My Cracker Barrell hovering ghost in the shower was a hit (I put the foot pedal under the rug). And the weather cooperated finally, cool and breezy. Fun but glad it is over.
Awesome! That sounds like it was a success!

Do you have a video of the bathroom ghost effect? :)

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,286 Posts
our party was saturday night. the turnout was a little disappointing--i think we counted 19 total, so not that many less than our normal 20-something, but several that i thought were definitely coming didn't make it. but everyone seemed to have a good time, and most of the crowd stayed for the better part of the night instead of the usual coming and going.

·
redrum
986 Posts
Lots of fun and our 10th year (i think). Had over 50 people and lots of great costumes. The best was a six pack (from scratch), Judge Kavanaugh, Flinstones etc. Great detail on the costumes..........Lots of spookie snacks too.

I have a lot of beverages left over, always a plus!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Our party on the 27th went really well. Unfortunately the weather was wet and raw so that kept people inside. But it was a good, enthusiastic crowd, costumes were really well done and inventive. Overall it seems everyone had a good time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Huge success. California weather made the night perfect. We had about 15 no shows but still had about 65 peeps. A lot more kids that I expected - need to do more kid games to keep them occupied next year. Place seemed very quiet when I have four rooms and only two have people in it after 10. This year, we added extra hallways, created movable maze walls, did our first pneumatic prop, and tried our hand at our first animation (though it broke right before showtime). I'll post pictures and a walk-through soon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ours was the 27th and it went really well! I still wasn't as prepared as I meant to be, but within the first 45 minutes of the party we had everything sorted out and were able to enjoy and relax. And still much more prepared than last year when I wasn't even in costume when the first few people arrived. Had a few last minute cancellations that were disappointing, but we ended up with 17 guests. Everyone had a great time and we got a lot of compliments on the house.

·
Registered
81 Posts
We got hit with a Noreaster up in the Northeast the day of our Halloween party (10/27), lots of rain and wind. I skipped the outside decorations for the most part, but inside was decorated to the nines. Some no shows, but 29 attended. Despite the foul weather, we had a blast. I think having everyone inside in the same area created a much better "party atmosphere" versus having people spread out. It was pretty hopping and our last guests left past midnight. Lots of great food, drink, and costumes. Plus the Red Sox beat the Dodgers in a thriller.

·
Registered
32 Posts
When my kids were young, a neighbor did a halloween party with a haunted hayride thru some woods at the end of our road. A crew of ~20 dad's would setup generators in the woods for lighting and props, lots of fun.

I decided to reboot the party this year but ran the haunted hay ride around a derelict house next door which is scheduled for demolition. The hay ride also went thru a small section of woods. It was primarily an outdoor party and we decorated the screen--in porch with a Harry Potter theme, it was a party for kids.

The party was a big hit. The big issue for me, I got alot more people interesting in helping out for the hay ride. I did 90% of the work which was too much for me. I also need to promote this as a party for kids and adults, I will schedule some adult hayride for later in the evening. But I am quite excited, the neighborhood Halloween party is alive once again.

Luckliy I scheduled the party for October 20, the weather was OK here in western NY. The following weekend would have been rained out. Next year I may have is a week earlier with 2 rain dates.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts