Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Wicked!
Thanks for the link...and the tutorial...I was planning on making something similar to that, I have the great stuff and the orange lights waiting to be turned into a great smoldering fire for my cauldron...but what I was really asking for was how he made the lights flicker like flames.

The best options I can find involve a lot of hacking and wiring, which I don't feel comfortable attempting...so I guess I'll have to stick to no flickering...or I'll have two light strings and one of them blinking and one of them not. Which would give the effect to some extent. But totally wouldn't be the same as a flickering fire!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Flicker is easy - either use the fluorescent starter method or sound to light organ method with either a flicker candle or a sound track as a random flicker source.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey Fritz, yeah I actually came across U-Build-It right after I posted my last message...I'm going to attempt this method if I have enough time and money after a few other projects are fully finished...the flourescent starter method looks like it would work great and seem super easy...except I don't have a soddering tool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts